American serama thread!

What is going on here? These are just over a month old. Goldie has been the calmest, sweetest and most loveable of the 5.

A short while ago I heard a terrible ruckus coming from their brooder. I went and checked and Goldie was viciously attacking Tommy. I picked Goldie up to see if I could calm him down and he had a temper tantrum! He had fits and chirped loudly wanting me to put him down.

Am I going to have to separate these babies? Aren't they too young for hormones to be kicking in?

What is going on here? These are just over a month old. Goldie has been the calmest, sweetest and most loveable of the 5. A short while ago I heard a terrible ruckus coming from their brooder. I went and checked and Goldie was viciously attacking Tommy. I picked Goldie up to see if I could calm him down and he had a temper tantrum! He had fits and chirped loudly wanting me to put him down. Am I going to have to separate these babies? Aren't they too young for hormones to be kicking in?
I just had to LAUGH OUT LOUD at the look on Tommy's face!!! Little HELLION!!!! It is possible that their houseing is just too small for them..try putting them in a MUCH large house so that there is more room for them. Add some perches/and/or boxes something to escape to. and see if that helps ;)

I just had to LAUGH OUT LOUD at the look on Tommy's face!!! Little HELLION!!!!
It is possible that their houseing is just too small for them..try putting them in a MUCH large house so that there is more room for them. Add some perches/and/or boxes something to escape to. and see if that helps ;)

p.s. the little back mottled face girl looks guilty of something too! She has that classic: "NOT ME" look.. :lau

It is possible that their houseing is just too small for them..try putting them in a MUCH large house so that there is more room for them. Add some perches/and/or boxes something to escape to. and see if that helps
wink.png

Ok, thanks! I'll do that! I have some really big plastic tote boxes. I'll fix one up with a playground on one end and see how that works out.

Two questions...i have 3 pullets in the same pen/coop...two 17 week old Seramas & one 14 week old polish tolbunt.
One of my seramas layed her 1st egg today. Since they are still on chick starter I put in a feeder with oyster shell for her but the pieces seem so much bigger than the starter feed. Will she have trouble eating it?
Also I saw my 14 week old polish tolbunt eating the oyster shell will it harm/hurt her?

Back
Top Bottom