American serama thread!

On August 8th my seramas hatched! They are definitely smaller and more tame than I expected.
big_smile.png
My other mixbreed chicks are pretty tame, but don't like being handled asmuch and jump off most of the time, the seramas on the other hand sit calmly and sometimes snuggle into my hand.
love.gif
Her's some pictures of my two little chicks, I named them Nilly (Vanilla) and Coco.

The white chickie is Nilly, she was the first one that hatched, but Coco was the first to pip.

Sweet little Coco drying off.

They seem to like snuggling in with this little patch of fake fur I put in the brooder.

Here they are about a week after birth later. Their wings grow fast and they can already fly small heights.
I love their colors and can't wait to see how their adult plumage looks like!

Last edited:
Oh good heavens! Look what hatched out of my last hatch!
th.gif
I only own smooth so needless to say this was a surprise. I have never hatched any silkies before so I was shocked when this hatch there were THREE! OK, so i kept this one along with this little chocolate hen. Advice? Comments? Color? Keep her or him?
hu.gif
Always get awesome advice here so I came back for some more.
thumbsup.gif

th.gif
I only own smooth so needless to say this was a surprise. I have never hatched any silkies before so I was shocked when this hatch there were THREE! OK, so i kept this one along with this little chocolate hen. Advice? Comments? Color? Keep her or him?
hu.gif
thumbsup.gif

I'd keep her and the chocolate girl is so lovely!

On August 8th my seramas hatched! They are definitely smaller and more tame than I expected. :D My other mixbreed chicks are pretty tame, but don't like being handled asmuch and jump off most of the time, the seramas on the other hand sit calmly and sometimes snuggle into my hand.:love Her's some pictures of my two little chicks, I named them Nilly (Vanilla) and Coco.

The white chickie is Nilly, she was the first one that hatched, but Coco was the first to pip.

Sweet little Coco drying off.

They seem to like snuggling in with this little patch of fake fur I put in the brooder.

Here they are about a week after birth later. Their wings grow fast and they can already fly small heights.
I love their colors and can't wait to see how their adult plumage looks like!
Adorable!!!! :D

th.gif
hu.gif
thumbsup.gif

It depends on your goals as to whether you keep them or not If your goal is to breed and show then I would not use them in a breeding program as they are not show quality. Cute and very pretty colors, however.

Oh good heavens! Look what hatched out of my last hatch! :th I only own smooth so needless to say this was a surprise. I have never hatched any silkies before so I was shocked when this hatch there were THREE! OK, so i kept this one along with this little chocolate hen. Advice? Comments? Color? Keep her or him? :confused: Always get awesome advice here so I came back for some more. :thumbsup
I got one nearly identical to yours in the clutch I hatched from your eggs! He is a darling!

It depends on your goals as to whether you keep them or not If your goal is to breed and show then I would not use them in a breeding program as they are not show quality. Cute and very pretty colors, however.
How old are the birds, generally, before you can judge the quality? This spring we bred some chicks that my son is hoping to show. One pullet seems to have very good type at 12-13 weeks, but her posture was very different just a few weeks ago. There is one other that might be promising as well, if she grows similarly. Most look like the backs are too long, and I'm assuming this is a trait they will not outgrow.

Back
Top Bottom