Americanas??

Welcome To BYC! They are very cute, especially the first one with the contrasting black beard! How regal looking!
I also have some ee’s (bantams) that were sold by a hatchery as ‘amerIcanas.‘ It’s so much easier to say or write EE anyway, and not to get involved with that whole —icana ,—aucana discussion.

EE's and Americaunas, are different.

EE's are essentially 'cross breeds' that lay blue/green/pink eggs.

EE's and Americaunas look very simallar, with the muffs, body type, and comb type. But, Americaunas are a true breed, with specific feather colors.
EE's don't have a specific feather pattern.
That was a great explanation, thank you! 😊👏

Welcome To BYC! They are very cute, especially the first one with the contrasting black beard! How regal looking!
I also have some ee’s (bantams) that were sold by a hatchery as ‘amerIcanas.‘ It’s so much easier to say or write EE anyway, and not to get involved with that whole —icana ,—aucana discussion.
Haha, Thank you so much!! I completely agree🥰🥰 and I'm sure there are a million posts about this so I appreciate all the kind responses ❤️🐥

They look like Easter Eggers to me. Where did you get them?? I find Tractor Supply messes up alot if you got them there. 4 barred rocks and i got 1 barred rock and 3 black australorp - 8 rhode island red - 5 rhode island 3 new hampshire reds
Yes, tractor supply. They've also gifted me with 5 unexpected roosters that I had to find homes for and it broke my heart! 😓 I recently ordered two breeds from meyer hatchery and I'm really hoping I have better luck with them 🤞😬

Purchased 7 pullets labeled as Americanas. As they get older and the more I Google, I'm figuring out more info, but also confused. There are four with what we call a hawk like pattern and three that are mostly a solid color. Leaning towards these being easter Eggers but another thread said easter Eggers and Americanas are the same thing. I thought Americanas only laid blue eggs and Easter Eggers were a variety, so how can they be the same? Anyways, here are some mediocre pictures of my girls. Lol Any helpful insight would be greatly appreciated. I'm thrilled if they are easter Eggers, so no issues there. Just want to get clarification 😊
What cute birds, they have the nicest faces :love

Back
Top Bottom