Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Rec

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
Not
Related to mushing but......
We go from flood to fire just about every year.
Boneheads and deforestation and drainage to pyromaniacs
It's all about a lack of self respect which manifests itself by a browse lack of respect for the environment

Related to mushing.....
The tires on my summer rigs need to be replaced with new ones as opposed to repaired ones.
hmm.png

lol.png

Of course I still wanna paint both of them(rigs) the same color as my sled(blue and white[camo pattern]).
So ya, time to start dryland mushing soon.... After I'm finished with the flooding situatIon
Sparticus died. He'd had a stroke that immobilized him from the neck down. I wrapped him in blankets and straw for 3 days but he's gone. That about 2 weeks ago. I was gona put him into Oreo this month so I would get some Racer pups then keep 2 females with all the best attributes then put Max and Burner into them for more Husky traits. But..... I guess I'm just gona put Birner into Oreo then keep a cpl off that breeding and put Max and Rex into them for some good looking pups that like to run when they pull. Kinda like "Alaskan Husky".
All said, it all remains to be seen.

Sa a buy a cpl of small sleds too
They're actually racing sleds
4 hooks, lines for them, ganglines(4 leads sections) for 52 dogs and a few harnesses. Don't need the harnesses but......the lighter sled will for sure be helpful for training smaller teams and conditioning the older dog
Also looking at an older "Skidoo Olympique" for making trails in the bush as opposed to a machine with a wider ski stance.
Well...look at long winded me.....again:rolleyes:
Looking forward to hearing about eveyone else's activities/plans/hopes.
lol.png
I'm so sorry to hear about Sparticus, it's always hard to lose dogs.
hugs.gif

I bought a sled a few days ago. It's very beautiful in my opinion and can handle more dogs than my smaller sled. Plus, my friend can come mushing with me now.

Sorry about the jerks that don't care about the land and you losing some dogs :(

It's a shame about the lake, I had no idea. I thought it was illegal to dump stuff? Maybe that's a loophole... not technically dumping, just draining :/ or are those rules not in Canada?

And a shame about Sparticus too.

Good luck with the pups though and the new sled and machine

Thank you so much
Yes, I believe so strongly in something I heard an old old woman(dead may years ago now) say to a large gathering of like minded people. "Water is the life-blood of MotherEarth. Without that blood life will cease. Water is life. Simply put, without water there is no life. It is the responsibility of all humans of all colors to watch over the water that all our children and grandchildren wil water to drink. All people."
As for Sparticus...his fight is over. He is in a much better place than what is being created by warmongering & money loving humans.
Again, thank you KDOG.

I'm so sorry to hear about Sparticus, it's always hard to lose dogs.:hugs

I bought a sled a few days ago. It's very beautiful in my opinion and can handle more dogs than my smaller sled. Plus, my friend can come mushing with me now. 

Thank you too Blue. I appreciate the empathy and return your hugs in kind.
Some pix of sled would be appreciated too

The ones I'm interested in are still not in my possession
I've been too busy to go get them
1 is a 2&1/2 hr drive and the other an additional hr....so atleast 4'hrs one way then return home 3&1/2-4hrs.....if I don't stop to pee too often:lol:
Anyways, 1 is all wood basket type and the other has a cloth basket. They both have screw-on puckboard(white plastic) on the runners.
1 has a 10 station gangline, spare necklines and lead sections, and a brandnew, never used 16 station gangline, spare lead section and spare necklines, 3 hooks with lines and a good bridle. Oh ya, claw type brake and a laminated wood brushbar.
The other has a rather weak bridle set-up, 1 hook with line and a home made hook(re-bar) 1-4 station gangline and 1-6 station gangline and a claw type brake, a panic-snap, and A plastic brushbar
I wanna paint both of them white/blue camo type pattern and pit QCR on them
I also ordered 10footL by 1&3/4"x1&3/4" runners and a 1&3/4"X1&3/4" by 24"wX48"L brushbar from a guy in The Pa's, Manitoba. Also bought aluminum "angle iron", babiche and other fasteners, and a bunch of other components..... I'm gona build a sled with a 24"Wx 8'L bed runner toboggan. Having a bit of a time of it finding 10' QCR rails and plastics tho'.
I'm almost obsessing bout the sleds but I'm having a hard time getting time from work. Dang!
Oh well....whatever happens don't "happen for nothin".

Thank you so much
Yes, I believe so strongly in something I heard an old old woman(dead may years ago now) say to a large gathering of like minded people. "Water is the life-blood of MotherEarth. Without that blood life will cease. Water is life. Simply put, without water there is no life. It is the responsibility of all humans of all colors to watch over the water that all our children and grandchildren wil water to drink. All people."
As for Sparticus...his fight is over. He is in a much better place than what is being created by warmongering & money loving humans.
Again, thank you KDOG.

Wow that's so true! I never thought of it like that. And not to get all political but i thought the new policy here to reverse EPA protection and banning dumping and stuff for the rivers was bad for nature but the water is life thing brings a whole new meaning to it.... they're going to be sorry once they poison all the water for profit and ease of working/laziness and then have no water left to drink... and not to mention, the water we poison doesn't just affect us. A lot of our rivers, lakes, etc. Are tributaries to ones in other countries or the ocean so it affects everyone.

And hmmm, that's true.

Well hello BYC's mushing thread people.
This facelift of BYC's is a tad confusing...frustrating even.
Blue, if you get this far, please post some pix of your new sled.

It's a little bit confusing but I've been working it out. And if you need any help. I can try to help and there's tons more willing on the welcome to the new BYC thread

Hey guys! It seems like it has been forever since I've been here... We are super busy around here, dogs, horses, 4-H animals, getting ready for summer projects, etc. But next season is looking hopeful!! :D We didn't race this year (short on dogs and funds) but next year I'm gonna try to run ECX 100mile, RTTS 100mile, and Jr Iditarod 150mile. I'll be training 12-14 dogs, 5 will be coming yearlings (born Jan. 2017) so a little young but they will also make up a good chunk of my Iditarod team in 2019 so they need the experience. Anyways, how is everyone? Season recaps?

Back
Top Bottom