IMG_8134.JPG
IMG_8136.JPG
IMG_8139.JPG
IMG_8136.JPG
IMG_8139.JPG
IMG_8134.JPG

Yo Blue, wiz up wth the new sled?
Pix yet?
Have you tried shaving your Samoyed yet?
I have to do some work on the sled, getting a new break on it and fixing up one of the runners a bit. I haven't tried shaving him yet. But I'm sending him to the groomer and I'm going to ask them to do it. He doesn't sit still and tries to play whenever I brush him, so it's honestly easier for me to have someone do it for me.
As for all my dogs, this past month has been crazy. Arrow, my smallest husky, went to get her hernia fixed and to get spayed (I don't like spaying my working dogs but if she got bred it would be dangerous for her due to medical stuff). But then she licked her stitches off so she had to get staples instead. Then my other dog got bit by a yellow jacket on his eye. It got swollen and infected so we took him to the vet and it's looking better now. My others dogs have been doing quiet well, thankfully. I'm working on getting an area set up for some meat rabbits. The dogs really need more raw meat in their diet and buying it is getting expensive.

Thanks, I thought so too! I'm really excited about it in case you couldn't tell :lol: and it shipped the other day and should be here sooooooonnnnnn :D

And yeah, they say these short type harnesses are better for that because the line angle from the skijorer (or biker, or jogger for canicross, etc.) Is steeper than the line from the sled to the dogs (makes sense, sleds are so low) so I guess the regular x backs can lift up on their backs? That's what they say anyway. Seems kind of uncomfortable to run if that's the case. Of course gator is too lazy for any of that sadly. But next dog ha

Thanks a lot!! We definitely thought a lot about it and of course mom and I were mostly helpful on insisting it look "nice" and "pretty" :lol: I did help build it though too but yeah. I hope they like it! It's been like a year in the making, off and on of course, mostly off.

No, no, feel free to comment! I hate it too and I've heard it's especially not good for tie outs but idk, we've been using it for years so have gotten used to it I guess. He used to get out so needed something but I have been meaning to get him a better collar for a couple years now, since I first learned. But then I kind of forgot cause he honestly mostly just potties then lays outside in the sun and comes in eventually. He doesn't pull too much on it anymore. But I still would like to get something better and safer or maybe even a harness. Cause a couple times, when he was young of course, he saw a deer, charge, hit the end, and practically did a backflip :hit and I KNOW that cannot be good for his trachea..... was an accident of course but shouldn't have happened. He seemed fine but still. I'm sure a regular collar or harness could have done damage too but yeah. Also if I was outside or home at the time, I might have been able to stop him from even hitting the end of the rope to begin with but sadly I wasn't.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I will use the collar for tying out or not. It is so nice. Maybe just on walks. Idk. But he does need something better.

And I will look into that collar! Thank you!

We actually do have a I got at a local store a few months ago but I haven't used it yet. I might try it.

I actually am kind of scared to try anything else on walks.

It sounds stupid but he's been trained on the choke and doesn't really listen well otherwise and he is so big that I am scared if he got loose or tried to lunge that I might not be able to control him.

But that's stupid because he really doesn't lunge anymore and I actually just realized, I could just work on training basic obedience at home - without the choker - before we even go on any walks lol not sure why I never thought of that before. It makes way more sense.

Sorry, rambling.

But anyway, that's actually partly why I'm excited to get a harness designed for pulling because I feel like for once I can actually have control without choking him. But really we mostly just walk at night now without dogs and I don't make him heel and he just happily ambles along sniffing and marking everything so really, I'm not sure why I feel I need control when he is such a good boy ha

Although this does mean that maybe I can walk him more during the day now

I really like limited slip collars for my dogs. I would suggest trying something like that. They are differnt from a martingale collar since they are more like a choke collar with a limit. They work really well for my squirmy huskies and my friend only uses them on all 8 of her huskies.
CL002.jpg

Hey Blue! I just noticed your profile pic, is that your kennel logo? I love it! What a great way to commemorate Griz... :)
Yup, It's still a bit in the works but that. I'm glad you like it! :D
I know eh
I'm having a hard time navigating
Ya pix would be nice
How's the Sam working out?
Geez. Battery ran down before I could post

Here goes...

I can't get a picture uploaded yet, but I'm working on it.
The Sam has a lot of attitude for one dog, but he is working out. He is good with a scooter but so far it's been to hot to have him run, but he enjoys going for short trots down the road.

Back
Top Bottom