Votes: 8 53.3%
  • sprint

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Rec

• Other

• Total voters
I've been offered a new job. I'll be doing essentially everything I do now except I'll be getting paid for it.
My life experiences and limited formal education will be put to work using a "country home" setting(garden, farm animals(birds, horses, cows, sheep, goats etc), and mushing and dog-care:celebrate in therapy for kids.
I have to move to an established ranch but a perk is my wife will be hired too........at the same wage rate no less. Of course we are taking our youngest daughter.
It's kinda stressful to move all my animals and tools and such but not near as stressful the tethering system and houses and everything for my K9's.
Other than that I've been training my dogs but a wee bit. The sun sets at 10 so it stays hot till bout midnight. It's cool enough around 4AM till bout 530. .....but that.?...... ....that's just crazy.
Anyone else got any news?

Wow that is awesome! Congrats! Do you have to move far? And will you be taking care of all the animals or just the dogs and they have other people for the rest? Either way, that is awesome!

Wow that is awesome! Congrats! Do you have to move far? And will you be taking care of all the animals or just the dogs and they have other people for the rest? Either way, that is awesome!

Thanks KDOGG
I'd have to move bout 2 hrs from where I live now and it's pretty much a 24/7/52 job.
I'll be taking all my dogs except the generic (geriatric) ones. I'll also be taking most of the rest of my animals as well. I'll be leaving a few rabbits and a few chkns(1 cock & 3 old hens)home.
There will be other animals there already and I will be ordering more poultry once I'm there.
But, :wee,! me and my K9's!!!!
Actually I told them "My dogs will be the deal breaker here. Simply put, 'If they don't go, I don't go.'"
They just smiled, glanced at each other and told me they thought it would be a positive addition to their program but it would be my responsibility to buy all their supplies. I smiled and told them if that be the case then there will additional "payoffs" for me. They agreed to the going rate....waivers and all.
So yeah, I'm pretty excited. I just hope my wife can appreciatte the benefits to everyone. It almost goes without saying(but I thought I better say it anyways) including herself of course.

Last edited:
Gona try get up some more pix View attachment 1035244 View attachment 1035243 View attachment 1035240 View attachment 1035242 Ain't my(tentative)new dog yard purdy?!!!
Yup, all them yellow things in the "non-close-ups" are Lady Slippers too. Even the ones I mistakenly cut pretty much at ground level are in bloom.
Wow, the will to live eh......
If only we humans in our determination could live thusly, tenacious but at the same time gentle and accomodating to other species.
:barnie Now I have beauriful(beautiful) Tiger Lillies blooming there.
Starting to think maybe,"All that work for nothing. I ain't gonna destroy this beautiful area."

Last edited:
Thanks KDOGG
I'd have to move bout 2 hrs from where I live now and it's pretty much a 24/7/52 job.
I'll be taking all my dogs except the generic ones. I'll also be taking most of the rest of my animals as well. I'll be leaving a few rabbits and a few chkns(1 cock & 3 old hens)home.
There will be other animals there already and I will be ordering more poultry once I'm there.
But, :wee,! me and my K9's!!!!
Actually I told them "My dogs will be the deal breaker here. Simply put, 'If they don't go, I don't go.'"
They just smiled, glanced at each other and told me they thought it would be a positive addition to their program but it would be my responsibility to buy all their supplies. I smiled and told them if that be the case then there will additional "payoffs" for me. They agreed to the going rate....waivers and all.
So yeah, I'm pretty excited. I just hope my wife can appreciatte the benefits to everyone. It almost goes without saying(but I thought I better say it anyways) including herself of course.

Wow that sounds amazing!!

I say leave it since youre moving anyway :p

Ya. Seems the right thing to do. Lotsa effort went into it already such as cutting/mowing, measuring, pounding fence posts and tethering pegs, new chains, .....
But ya, it would most certainly be a waste of beauty to cut all them flowers down. They are kyna delicate. I've never had luck with transplanting them...and I'm usually like Johnny Appleseed when it comes to plants.
It is almost a sure thing that I'll be moving and I'll be taking the new tethering pegs and chains with me anyhow. I suppose the posts could easily be removed and the holes filled. That field will still be there when I move home anyhow eh.
Thanks :thumbsupfor the "boot" in the right direction KDOG. Makes more sense too anyways.
I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed.:lau

Last edited:
IMG_8134.JPG
IMG_8136.JPG
IMG_8139.JPG
IMG_8136.JPG
IMG_8139.JPG
IMG_8134.JPG

Yo Blue, wiz up wth the new sled?
Pix yet?
Have you tried shaving your Samoyed yet?
I have to do some work on the sled, getting a new break on it and fixing up one of the runners a bit. I haven't tried shaving him yet. But I'm sending him to the groomer and I'm going to ask them to do it. He doesn't sit still and tries to play whenever I brush him, so it's honestly easier for me to have someone do it for me.
As for all my dogs, this past month has been crazy. Arrow, my smallest husky, went to get her hernia fixed and to get spayed (I don't like spaying my working dogs but if she got bred it would be dangerous for her due to medical stuff). But then she licked her stitches off so she had to get staples instead. Then my other dog got bit by a yellow jacket on his eye. It got swollen and infected so we took him to the vet and it's looking better now. My others dogs have been doing quiet well, thankfully. I'm working on getting an area set up for some meat rabbits. The dogs really need more raw meat in their diet and buying it is getting expensive.

Back
Top Bottom