Votes: 8 53.3%
  • sprint

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Rec

• Other

• Total voters
It's a little bit confusing but I've been working it out. And if you need any help. I can try to help and there's tons more willing on the welcome to the new BYC thread

Hi KDOG
First time on in a bit. How's things?
Re; BYC facelift, sometimes older is better. 'If it ain't broke don't fix it' is a pretty good fit for my way of thinking.
That said I put QCR on the runners of a sled I just bought. The old 'slicks' were puckboard screwed into the runner. Good enough but on the long run a nuisance to change. With measuring screw holes then missing the next thing you know your runners are full of holes that harbour moisture then rot sets in.
Even though the puckboard is tough stuff as opposed to the 'slicks' of the QCR system I figure a "little" upgrade is worth the effort in the long run.
I liked the old face of BYC. It was easy to navigate, it had a down to Earth feel, and gota admit I was used to it. Is older guys are kinda dominantly not really 'loving' change so much. We slow down and appreciate comfort.
That's why I don't have a younger 'girlfriend'. My wife is 6 years younger than me and at my age that's plenty young enough.
Kinda like the reason I have a bunch of older dogs on my team now. They all know what to do in most situations and I don't have the patience to train the young anymore.
Some may say I've become complacent..... Well, 'some' can say whatever 'some' wishes to say.
All said I may need to take you up on your offer of tutoring me to navigate the BYC facelift.
Thanks

Hey guys! It seems like it has been forever since I've been here... We are super busy around here, dogs, horses, 4-H animals, getting ready for summer projects, etc. But next season is looking hopeful!! :D We didn't race this year (short on dogs and funds) but next year I'm gonna try to run ECX 100mile, RTTS 100mile, and Jr Iditarod 150mile. I'll be training 12-14 dogs, 5 will be coming yearlings (born Jan. 2017) so a little young but they will also make up a good chunk of my Iditarod team in 2019 so they need the experience. Anyways, how is everyone? Season recaps?

Hi Char
Nice to hear from you
Sorry about no communication on Facebook
I couldn't get back on
Some of my friends said"Haha! Got deleted didn't you."
I don't know what happened
Well I'm making a new dog yard. Gona take pix and post if I can.
Was gona move the dogs on Jume 1 but found Lady Slippers there. I'll hafta wait till Theyve bloomed. Apparently these are a protected rare orchid but there are thousands of them just in my yard alone. But I still appreciate their beauty so the dogs don't get moved until the flowers are finished blooming then I can dig them up and move them to a safe location.
No new pups or new dogs.
Birthday brood is fully mature and partially trained.
Another transport(dog box) under construction.
A racing sled is in the works too. I'll just use it for training small teams.
So......the Rod is in the future eh
Righton
Prayers for you
Go for itknock em out

I plugged in my phone and went outside. I came in for a drink of water and fr bed my phone so I could take pix of new dog yard location.
Of course I got bzy doin s buncha stuff and just got in house.
O ya, finally painted my 3 wheeler dryland rig. I'll hafta get pix tomorrow. It's dark now. The sun sets about 10 and it's overcast rightnow so dark comes earlier than clear evenings. Anyhow....gona try get a pic uploaded.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    413.6 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    278.7 KB · Views: 2
Ooooops
Sorry
Forgot to LYK what's what in pix
1-Chain links welded onto 4ft long piece of rebar to drive into ground. Quicklink it to a 20ft piece of chain with a bullsnap quick linked to the other end and voila 80% the same square footage as a 40X40 kennel at a fraction of the cost. And more humane in the sence the kids have ready access to them.
2&3- Lady Slipper plants. Yesterday I was just telling my daughter "I think these are all gone be the little yellow ones with white and brown markings and "shoelaces". Judging by the buds on some them today it appears they will be.
I feel bad because I mowed the tops off some of the foliage last week. I didn't know they were there.

I was gona move my dogs to the new area on June 1 but gona wait now till mid July I guess.

Hey Blue! I just noticed your profile pic, is that your kennel logo? I love it! What a great way to commemorate Griz... :)
Yup, It's still a bit in the works but that. I'm glad you like it! :D
I know eh
I'm having a hard time navigating
Ya pix would be nice
How's the Sam working out?
Geez. Battery ran down before I could post

Here goes...

I can't get a picture uploaded yet, but I'm working on it.
The Sam has a lot of attitude for one dog, but he is working out. He is good with a scooter but so far it's been to hot to have him run, but he enjoys going for short trots down the road.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hey y'all. Goo-day eh.
I've been up since 5:30. To beautiful to sleep. Last year's hatch of Canada Geese headin north on the Moulting Flight. I can hear birds singing for miles. Breeze swishing the Poplar leaves. Yup too beautiful to sleep.
Blue, I like your avatar. Nice one. I've often considered using Okimaw's image and name too. Never got around to it though.
I captured some images yesterday evening just as I was finishing with dogs. Goin to "Upload a File" and attempt....
Ha! They came in ahead of what I've already typed.
Oh well they're there.
So as y'all can see this what about. $75.00 of spray paint, 7.99 wire bristled brush, $4.00 of sandpaper and 4 days of brushing&sanding and 2 days of painting did to a "very well used" and neglected rig.
The handle bar and wheels are done in hammered steel charcoal with silver metallic and the rest is "Rust Coat".
I'm considering going to the local Hutterite colony and asking them to fab-up a 'frame' to accommodate a spring seat and some fenders.
Always, always, always "change and growth".
Got more pix. Next post

image.jpeg
nikanastim-the foremost dog
image.jpeg
Looking south east on new area
image.jpeg
looking east on new area. Pink ribbons are groundpegs, others are where LadySlippers are coming to bloom.
image.jpeg
looking north from new area across old area. That's Rex in the middle of this shot.
image.jpeg
LadySlipper in new area
image.jpeg
looking north from northern edge of old area. My "office".
Notice the LadySlipper in foreground
image.jpeg
sipiksaew-he/she(3rd party animate) is blue
image.jpeg
brandnew"""""" ooooo! Just sparkling

Sorry. I had ruff time getting pix in order
Now let's see if this is gona work

Back
Top Bottom