Votes: 8 53.3%
  • sprint

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Rec

• Other

• Total voters
im sorry i never got back to you. i did bring him to the vet last friday and again this friday. last friday i kind of got mad at the vet because he has(or had) impetigo and every time i brought it up they would sort of brush me off and give me an excuse asking if i let him sleep in his pee or say that it is from the mange or say it is from fleas or so on and well i got a bit angry at him for not giving me any treatments for the impetigo because it just had kept spreading all over and then to his ears. he had only now given him treatment for it when i got mad at him and that had made me forget to even ask about anything. he had coccidiosis last friday when i had gone and they gave me albon for it. they had also given me albon when i had first gotten him with the diarrhea so i can only guess that maybe he had that from the very beginning. then this friday i chose not to go to the vet with him and had my mother in law do it for me because i came to the conclusion that it is probably best to avoid getting into another argument with the vet. after he gets neutered i will most likely find a new vet. he has to get more vaccines in two weeks. when my mother in law brings him for me i will do my best to remember to ask her to ask them what it was that he had. i promise im not trying to avoid asking them it is just that things had happened and forgot to ask them.

Ya, I can completely relate "forgetting because stuff comes up". :old.:D
Dang, I've been hearing a lot about coccidiosis lately. My niece has a herd of rabbits. She's in the middle of treating them all. She lost 4 of 30 before she got to the vet. I've lost almost half my pigeons and about a 1-4 of my new chic kids. I didn't know dogs got it too.
Your M-I-law is a vet? Cool
Ya keep me posted. I my curiosity is piqued

May I call you Dog?
Please know that I think a cruel irony that Dog is God spelled backwards and dogs display far more unconditional love than we humans do.
That said I completely understand if you don't wanna be called Dog.
Funny thing is where I live I am known as Dog Man. I usedto display friendliness, love, patience, tolerance, forgiveness, (more...), in short, the good qualities my K9's display. I think it may be an :old thing. :idunno as is having a tendency to ya mer on....
Anyways....nice to have you aboard:):)

I usually don't mind whatever people wanna call me, i like to think I'm pretty laid back like that, plus it's the Internet, so you can call me whatever you like :)

I usually don't mind whatever people wanna call me, i like to think I'm pretty laid back like that, plus it's the Internet, so you can call me whatever you like
smile.png

Isn't K dog a character on "The Walking Dead " series? You were probably the first K dog. Cool handle. Welcome to this thread. I'm new here too.
Skijoring is not an easy way to start when training a dog. You have to have pretty good ski legs on to start. I recommend starting with hiking boots, a lead and a harness to teach basic commands first. I've done a lot of small team mushing and after all those years I came to prefer my scooter. You can fake it with a bike and pedal but with a scooter if the dog doesn't pull you don't go. With a scooter your center of gravity is closer to the ground so it is inherently safer than a bike. I'm not into running either so my dogs can pull high speed for miles. I have some stuff posted on youtube. Search mycijor on youtube to see my team in action.

Isn't K dog a character on "The Walking Dead " series?  You were probably the first K dog.  Cool handle.  Welcome to this thread.  I'm new here too.
  Skijoring is not an easy way to start when training a dog.  You have to have pretty good ski legs on to start.  I recommend starting with hiking boots, a lead and a harness to teach basic commands first.  I've done a lot of small team mushing and after all those years I came to prefer my scooter.  You can fake it with a bike and pedal but with a scooter if the dog doesn't pull you don't go.  With a scooter your center of gravity is closer to the ground so it is inherently safer than a bike.  I'm not into running either so my dogs can pull high speed for miles. I have some stuff posted on youtube.  Search mycijor on youtube to see my team in action.

I'm not really sure, i haven't watched that show in a while lol and thanks :) but tbh I've had it since i was like 12 aha it's because my name is Kelsey (K), my birthday is March 31st (331) and the dogg tbh is because i thought it would be hilarious to sound "gangsta" or something? I don't know, i was like 11, 12 or something. Really really dumb honestly, definitely not cool hahahah but thanks

And I actually used to ski all the time so that part should be pretty easy, although I haven't been skiing in a couple years now and I've never really cross-country skied, let alone with a dog, so that is probably a whole new challenge. Downhill/alpine skiing isn't really that challenging because it's all downhill. Or rather, it's challenging in a different way, steering and such, but you have the hill pushing you, cross-country you make your own power I guess or have the dog do it but you probably have to not fall over first. Anyways, thanks for all the tips and welcome to you too. If I ever get the chance to get a real team and get the money I will have to get a scooter. And maybe even if I don't get into the sport I could still train my dog? Might give him something to do even if he doesn't have to pull

I'll check out your YouTube, thanks

Ya, I can completely relate "forgetting because stuff comes up".
old.gif
big_smile.png

Dang, I've been hearing a lot about coccidiosis lately. My niece has a herd of rabbits. She's in the middle of treating them all. She lost 4 of 30 before she got to the vet. I've lost almost half my pigeons and about a 1-4 of my new chic kids. I didn't know dogs got it too.
Your M-I-law is a vet? Cool
Ya keep me posted. I my curiosity is piqued
no my MIL isnt a vet, i meant that she just took shakur for me instead of me going, but this time i think i will this time just on a different day when that specific vet is not there. when she took him he had gotten stressed out and had a accident in his crate and then on the way home he puked, so i think just to reduce his stress i will go but on a different day when that vet is not there.

no my MIL isnt a vet, i meant that she just took shakur for me instead of me going, but this time i think i will this time just on a different day when that specific vet is not there. when she took him he had gotten stressed out and had a accident in his crate and then on the way home he puked, so i think just to reduce his stress i will go but on a different day when that vet is not there.

:frow
Hi duckling
So how is Shakir doing now?
Has anyone ascertained exactly the direct cause of his ailment yet?

Puking " on the way home" .... I think it's probably just motion sickness.
Lots of animals get it. Well people do too but even more-so with animals
Ya, animals are way more sensitive/intuitive than we egocentric(we can't help it. it's a human thing)humans can comprehend of animals
So if the vet is not sensitive and is even just thinking "Bah! Humbug!" our pets(vet's pocket lining) will feel it.
I don't recall any of mine ever having had such a bad reaction to any vet around here tho'.
Although there were a few people that came out with a mobile"Spay/Neuter Clinic". My dogs even growled at 2. I think they were women dressed and acting like men with a"chip on his shoulder". LOL. Even I didn't like them. They were very like control freaks the way they said they treated their dogs. I think if I was their dog I 'd run far and fast.p So I can't even imagine how much theirattitude/behaviours bothered my dogs...

Char I'm sorry for your losses * HUGS *

Is there a height that's that you'd consider to "short" for mushing? For the dogs that is? Lol

I think that it' a personal thing.
That said I would not put a Chihuahua on line with 35 other Chihuahuas simply because in most cases I travel where the snow can get 4'deep or more. And even much deeper where it drifts.
So height requirement............ No ..but... ..Ya. Situation dictates.....

This has been a sad few months, particularly today. One of my first dogs, Deluxe, passed away a few months ago due to old age. Today, Cinna, the dog I first got as a pup with Deluxe (and Sprite), passed away after a weeklong battle with stomach ulcers and extreme dehydration (she couldn't keep anything down, she even threw up the little bit of water she could drink). I de-wormed the kennel and she wasn't feeling good since then. The bottle said that some side effects could be lethargy and lack of appetite so we though that maybe the wormer didn't agree with her. My family just said to let it pass, let her get it out of her system. Only today I had enough and had my mom take her to the vet while I was at work. The vet informed us that she had stomach ulcers and the de-wormer aggravated it and she was very dehydrated. My mom took her home with some meds and at around 1pm she passed away. She was my whole world and wasn't even two years old yet.

How you doin char?:hugs

Isn't K dog a character on "The Walking Dead " series?  You were probably the first K dog.  Cool handle.  Welcome to this thread.  I'm new here too.
  Skijoring is not an easy way to start when training a dog.  You have to have pretty good ski legs on to start.  I recommend starting with hiking boots, a lead and a harness to teach basic commands first.  I've done a lot of small team mushing and after all those years I came to prefer my scooter.  You can fake it with a bike and pedal but with a scooter if the dog doesn't pull you don't go.  With a scooter your center of gravity is closer to the ground so it is inherently safer than a bike.  I'm not into running either so my dogs can pull high speed for miles. I have some stuff posted on youtube.  Search mycijor on youtube to see my team in action.

Cool
Checked out some links to other races too
Thanks
Well..... I don't know if I really should thank you.....kuz now I wanna get some X-country skis LOL:thumbsup

Char I'm sorry for your losses * HUGS *

Is there a height that's that you'd consider to "short" for mushing? For the dogs that is? Lol
It depends on the musher I'd say. I know a musher who's best dog is a few inches shorter maybe even half the size of her other Siberian Huskies. I prefer my dogs not being smaller than Arrow was when I got her. That was two or three inches shorter than Cindy, who is 38-39 inches. (I need to measure her. That was just a guess.)

Back
Top Bottom