Votes: 8 53.3%
  • sprint

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Rec

• Other

• Total voters
I've been watching a lot of mushing videos on YouTube lately and man I need a dog to try it (current one is Lab/Great Pyrenees, really lazy, and plus bad hips so we can't anyway) or to join a club or something, Googled and found out there's lots of clubs around here
I wish I could find a local club. If there is one I really would say join it!

I wish I could find a local club. If there is one I really would say join it!

Yeah I think there's at least a couple actually but I'm in Massachusetts so it's pretty central and there's all the other New England states. I think there's a general New England one and then state ones for like 3 of the states. I was surprised. Obviously some are probably bigger than others but still. Maybe I'll have to go to a race or something. I'm not sure there's any immediately near me though, probably mostly in the mountains a couple hours away, but still would be worth it to up there sometimes

Hey Char Did you get that training cart? I see a pic of someone on a cart on your Facebook site. Yours?
That yellow one? Yeah, that's one of them. It doesn't have brakes (well it did, I broke them...) and the axle is the wrong size for the tires. It's like 30yrs old, the frame is good but it needs some upgrades. The new cart that I traded a sled for is newer and nice. I ran it for the first time tonight with 5 dogs and my sister (she was on the yellow cart on FaceBook) I think it's meant for like 3-4 dogs though because it was pretty chaotic for a few miles.
Well well.....! It ain't raining. Wuzup with that? Not complaining..just amazed. It's drying a bit but not really that much. Dog yard is still pretty dirty but at least it ain't saturated just now. Still no new tires for the trike. Gona hafta switch to a new dealer I guess. But at least I finished refurbishing this old 8-hole dog box. Made it narrower and put some new plywood on the bottom and top and then used the old roof on the ends. Door panels and interior walls were still in good shape. If the weather holds out for a couple more days I'll probably give the same paint job as my sled and then put on a bunch colourful LEDs. Oooooooooo
1f62f.png
Pretty
1f604.png
Dogs are sure getting restless with the eminent winter. TTFN
It finally stopped raining here too. It's been foggy lately, like can't see a stop sign until you need to stop, foggy. Pretty bad. But no more rain. It's getting colder and we are expecting snow next week sometime. Just a few inches though. Not enough :( Speaking of dog boxes, I need to get mine built! :/ I've been kinda behind trying to get my horses sold to pay for the dogs and it's been put off. And I've gotta buy a better racing sled. And gang lines and harnesses. And, and, and.... You know how it goes... :p Anyways, your box should look good after you paint it. I like your sled paint job. :)
it has been raining here almost everyday like a week straight on and off. i havent been on that much been busy with all the animals. shakur is 5 1/2 months now and went to the forest for the first time to play in the waterfall which he loved. here is an updated photo of him
He's handsome :) Haha he does look big though, what breed(s) is he again?
I'm feeling much better, thank you for asking. :) My novel is actually about man who can painting "living" epicures and a girl who lives inside one of the paintings with out realizing it.
That sounds super interesting! I've tried NaNoWriMo before but I never have enough time to write :( Maybe one day.... Anyways, good luck!

This weekend has been busy! (I feel like I say this a lot...) I ran in to a fence (with my mom's truck, not the dogs) so that wasn't great. I just got my license too.... :/ The truck is alright, the mirror is broke though.

Anyways, back to the dogs. One of my females, Yoke, had a litter of 8 puppies! They were really early and she's a first time mom so only 4 made it (I believe the others were stillborn). They were born on Veteran's Day so their names are Liberty, Freedom, Soldier, and Warrior. There is 1 boy (Soldier) and 3 girls. Liberty is lighter tan with a black mask and a little black stripe on her back. The others are dark black/brown with white on their toes and chest.

The older pups, born in April, are going through harness breaking. I'm keeping the female and the biggest male. The other two males are sold to a nearby (kinda) musher who has Sibes and Sibe crosses.

Next year's team will be mostly these pups, I think I'm gonna keep this recent litter of 4 (if everything goes as planned) then the two 7 month old pups makes 6, plus 2 good leaders = 8 dog race team! This is if everything goes accordingly (knock on wood!).

This year's team looks good so far. I'm going to lease a few dogs from a musher who is in college now so the dogs aren't getting run. I'm using 5-6 dogs hopefully and maybe buying a few. Anyways, that's what's going on in the life of Morrion Racing Kennel... :)

This weekend has been busy! (I feel like I say this a lot...) I ran in to a fence (with my mom's truck, not the dogs) so that wasn't great. I just got my license too....
hmm.png
The truck is alright, the mirror is broke though.

Anyways, back to the dogs. One of my females, Yoke, had a litter of 8 puppies! They were really early and she's a first time mom so only 4 made it (I believe the others were stillborn). They were born on Veteran's Day so their names are Liberty, Freedom, Soldier, and Warrior. There is 1 boy (Soldier) and 3 girls. Liberty is lighter tan with a black mask and a little black stripe on her back. The others are dark black/brown with white on their toes and chest.

The older pups, born in April, are going through harness breaking. I'm keeping the female and the biggest male. The other two males are sold to a nearby (kinda) musher who has Sibes and Sibe crosses.

Next year's team will be mostly these pups, I think I'm gonna keep this recent litter of 4 (if everything goes as planned) then the two 7 month old pups makes 6, plus 2 good leaders = 8 dog race team! This is if everything goes accordingly (knock on wood!).

This year's team looks good so far. I'm going to lease a few dogs from a musher who is in college now so the dogs aren't getting run. I'm using 5-6 dogs hopefully and maybe buying a few. Anyways, that's what's going on in the life of Morrion Racing Kennel...
smile.png
Wonderful names! I've wanted to name my first litter of pups after a similar theme. Sir, Dogtags, Captain, Sargent, Bullet, to give a few (I have a list of names I want to name dogs as I grow the kennel)

It's good to hear from you, Char. It's been a while.

Wonderful names! I've wanted to name my first litter of pups after a similar theme. Sir, Dogtags, Captain, Sargent, Bullet, to give a few (I have a list of names I want to name dogs as I grow the kennel)

It's good to hear from you, Char. It's been a while. 

Thanks! I wanted to honor our Veterans so I thought the names were fitting. I love your names! I was planning to name them after the Supernatural characters (Sam, Dean, Castiel, etc) but with only one boy, it didn't make a lot of sense. I'll save those names for another litter :D

Thanks! I wanted to honor our Veterans so I thought the names were fitting. I love your names! I was planning to name them after the Supernatural characters (Sam, Dean, Castiel, etc) but with only one boy, it didn't make a lot of sense. I'll save those names for another litter :D
Nice! It's cool how musher's never seem to run out of names for pups. Originally Arrow and her siblings were going to be named after Pirates of the Carribian.

Wow eh...playing in a waterfall. That sounds awesome. Must've been so cool to see. I'm jealous of your dog. I wanna be Shakur. LOL
He's looking healthy.....and big:eek:. Are you sure he ain't half elephant?
gig.gif

Nice to hear from you Duckling.

Trivia here...In my language we say duckling like .. . . seeSEEPoosees

lol i need to take him again.

its weird i just dont see him as big. he is bigger than my other dogs except baxter. i think shakur is at least 45lbs maybe more but i dont think that much. ill find out soon when he gets neutered next week.

lol thats some language.

charnic 44 im not sure what he is anymore. i just know he has lab in him and i was thinking some sort of shepherd, but im thinking one of the parents must have been a sato(street dog or just stray) so he could be anything i think.

i think once he learns how to walk without stumbling over his legs he wold be a could running dog. he has lots of energy.

for some reason when i click on your racing facebook page it wont open for me. is it set to private?

Last edited:
Oh if I can actually get something published I will certainly let you know! :thumbsup

That'd be so cool if you would get something published.

My friend Genevieve is a ballerina and a school teacher as well as a musher and an accomplished writer.
The main character in one of her fictions was modelled after me. I can't remember the title or the story line but I do remember that it was about a musher and his leader Okimaw. Wow. It just hit me, My dog's been immortalized.

So .. Anyways.. She and her husband are now publishers as well.
She's from Paris and he's a prof and musician from England. Beautiful people.
They raise Qimmiqs. Beautiful dogs.

So ya, maybe I'll have 2 friends that are mushers and writers......

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom