• sprint

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Rec

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
Ditto.
I prefer "Italian Bronze" but they are getting harder to acquire.
Depending on the dog(size, strength, experience and behaviour) I use 3/8, 1/2, 5/8 and even the odd 3/4.

Oooooooops
1f633.png

I mean on necklines and tugs

We actually have a pair or two (though I need to find them) but he's just gotten a little aggressive about it so we haven't done it and now they're soo bad that we keep putting it off :/ need to just muzzle or take him to the vet and do it already haha he has never liked his feet touched but was making progress last year with positive reinforcement and patience/conditioning but then I resorted back to getting real angry when he would be bad so he would be more bad and i would get more angry and its escalated :(

But anyway, fish? Really? Had no idea. Sounds like we all need to eat fish more often! Haha like eating actual fish or fish oil pills or both or?[/quote

Yes real fish, whole , raw , froze for at least 24 hours

We actually have a pair or two (though I need to find them) but he's just gotten a little aggressive about it so we haven't done it and now they're soo bad that we keep putting it off :/ need to just muzzle or take him to the vet and do it already haha he has never liked his feet touched but was making progress last year with positive reinforcement and patience/conditioning but then I resorted back to getting real angry when he would be bad so he would be more bad and i would get more angry and its escalated :(

But anyway, fish? Really? Had no idea. Sounds like we all need to eat fish more often! Haha like eating actual fish or fish oil pills or both or?

LOL
Sounds like Gater has ticklish feet

Since he's part pit bull these links may help :)

Of course it's designed for pit bulls and they use longer chains but you could probably adjust it or see the clips

http://www.workingpitbull.com/tethering.html

http://therealapbt.blogspot.com/2012/05/chain-setups.html?m=1

First two are the best or at least the first ones i saw and more detail but all are good. The video is a bit long but still good.

I dislike car axles in he ground. I use a 4ft piece of 1/2"or3/4"'rebar with 3or4 links of chain welded on to it up to about an inch from the top and leave 3or4 links left dangling. I put a quick link through the dangling chain and add a 20' tether chain, another quick link then last a bullsnap. A 40' diameter circle of tether affords 85% the same square footage of terra firma as a 40x40 chainlink kennel but is more humane and about 1/10 the cost.

But anyway, fish? Really? Had no idea. Sounds like we all need to eat fish more often! Haha like eating actual fish or fish oil pills or both or?[/quote

Yes real fish, whole , raw , froze for at least 24 hours

LOL
Sounds like Gater has ticklish feet

Awesome! I'll have to try that. And LOL he definitely does. My dad thinks it's the Pyrenees, that coyotes/wolves attack the feet to bring them down. Im not sure but hes in this email thread and says other Pyrs hate it too

I dislike car axles in he ground. I use a 4ft piece of 1/2"or3/4"'rebar with 3or4 links of chain welded on to it up to about an inch from the top and leave 3or4 links left dangling. I put a quick link through the dangling chain and add a 20' tether chain, another quick link then last a bullsnap. A 40' diameter circle of tether affords 85% the same square footage of terra firma as a 40x40 chainlink kennel but is more humane and about 1/10 the cost.

Yeah, my dad said the car axle was a bad idea. I had mentioned making one for Gator because our yard isn't fenced and he used to run off so he's on a long rope. We used to have a much longer one and ones in different parts of the yard tied to a tree or in a wall or whatever but he would get tangled in the woods and now he just had one tied to the deck and even that he would get tangled so we shortened it a lot. Anyway, we're kinda stupid though and put him out on his choke collar (though he slipped his regular collar) and the snap on this rope is pretty heavy. Gotta get a lighter snap, use a different collar, make a proper chain spot, or fence the yard in, even part of it, or something. I really like your idea. And yeah, exactly, it is so much room. And in the video they had broken down putting him outside versus in a crate, locked in one room, a 10x10 kennel or similar, etc. Etc. And it's more room, more humane, they get outside time instead of being locked inside even if they had the whole house, etc. Personally I don't understand how people can lock a dog up in a little teeny tiny crate for 8+ hours a day while they are at work and think that is humane.... and then wonder why the dog is crazy hyper or just plain crazy when let out... they should just train it to not destroy or soul the house or at the very least lock them in a room instead of a crate since not everyone can leave them tethered to a chain spot outside but at least a room would be better. Or if they must get crated, I'm of the opinion crates should be bigger than recommended.

Back
Top Bottom