• Rec

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
:frow Blue.
Like your sled.
Very do-able for tweeking.
I would personally seek out a cpl spools of rawhide strips. Some ppl call it babiche. It's actually lighter than rope and it tightens as it dries. That part would be trial and error because if you tighten it too much as you're installing it it'll snap when it dries. Once it's dry though you just use marine varnish to keep water off of it. Are u gona install QCR. In my opinion it's probably gona be more practical, convenient and efficient for your application(racing) in the long run.
Re- the Sam... Ya, I hav a cpl too that won't sit still. Geez I love my dogs. (Hada thro tht in thr in a momnt of [mushy]appreciation). So any ways:D....
Re: job.... It's actually kinda sickening with all the political crap hoops I'm required to jump through to ascertain employment in some fields. I need a criminal records check and a child abuse registry check & to do that I need UTD photo ID's. All mine are expired. I had no idea that actually happened. :confused::eek: The newer ones actually have expiry dates on them. The old ones didn't. I knew I should've kept.
But it still looks good for me. I ain't bragging but merely stating a fact when I say I'm close to a perfect candidate for this position. :cool::cool: :lau
(Get it? Just like 'I'm just too cool')

Whoops wrong button.
"stung on the eye"..? Right on the eyeball??! OMGoodness. That must've been agony. Ooooo he musta sang a song of agony eh. Aaaaaooooooooooooch!!
I think I can relate. I got stung just above my eyebrow once and it swelled my eye right shut and the whole right side of my face. But I would most certainly be in more pain if I got stung right on the eye lid or more so the eye ball. I actually got welding slag in my eyeball once. Aaaaaaaoooooooooooooch! Phew. I ddn't know I knew so many cussin words.
Meat rabbits. Yup. Good idea. You'll still need to add extra fat though. Dogs need fat. Especially in winter. If you know any butchers in the area that process for local hog, beef farmers/raisers and/or hunters I think they would probably accept a cpl $$ per box to seperate the bones away into just fat and meat trimmings.
Where I live there are a few. I got lucky last winter and found one that let me clear his freezer(big walk-in) for $5/box(60/100lbs). I got a lot of bones though. The dogs enjoyed the bones too but I needed to makes sure there no little 'riblettes' and/or any bones cut to a sharp point. Whether it's that or raising rabbits it's more work. Not hard or very heavy but more tedious. You've got my support/prayers/good thoughts on that endeavour. You'll create more character for yourself........than my lazy, 'entitled' daughters. (Love them but facts is facts) even though it's hard for me to accept they can't seem to love and appreciatte mushing and the work involved I accept partial responsibility for their love affair with the '9-5' culture.
Rock it Blue. :highfive:
Gona try upload a cpl pix of Regal. 12 or 13 now. Mom was Pipoon,ArcticWolf/Qimmiq, dad was Borealis,Sibe/Qimmiq. He still wants to work but I just take him for walks/jogs now. He still can make pups, he's still really healthy taking into consideration how old he is in relation to bloodlines and size. I believe his health is due to the larger part of his diet being raw meat and his activity level(hardworking).

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    453.1 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    466.4 KB · Views: 7
Yo Blue, I only just now noticed in your pix, there's a plant type,and lots of it, growing all around your sled. I call it Frog Leaf. It's good for a lot of thongs but 1 of the easiest is simply pick it fresh, kyna crush it by rolling it in your fingers and rub it on an insect bite. It relieves the itch and kyna sterilizes it. It's the kyna oblong one growing close the ground. It'll eventually get at least one spike with lotsa seeds growing up out of the middle of th plant where the leaf stalks confluence. My older sister(adopted) uses it in herbal mixtures for lotsa stuff. The vast majority of which I know little to none.
But ya, you can even use it on the dogs.

Mispoon's mom was a gorgeous and wonderful sleddog and family pet. Red/White Qimmiq. She lived in Inuvik. A lone ArcticWolf wandered into the community and bred her. The Qimmiq's owners had killed the rest of the pups(2 males) but my Aunty who was teaching up there at the time told to keep the female till she was 2 months old. My Aunty finished her contract that June and brought Mispoon home, then named Eeshkway(an Ojibway bastardization of iskwew, the Cree word for woman). My Aunty gave this Qimmiq to me when she realized she couldn't 'honor' a sled dog. So I got 'Eeshkway' and renamed her Mispoon. I don't call my K9's human terms. It's a multi faceted respect thing. Mispoon grew to be what I saw as the ultimate sled dog. Good with kids, deer, adults, awesome mom, good stomach, good feet, coat, personality ..... She was awesome. Beautiful too. She inherited her father's markings and coat. The ultimate sled dog. Ironic that she was 1/2 ArcticWolf. Mind you from what little I know the ArcticWolf is absolutely not your typical, sterotyped "European Big Bad Wolf". Them stories absolutely do a great disservice to these majestic creatures. All the wolves I've ever encountered here where I live are also very much so wrongfully persecuted by dominant societies ignorance.
Wicekosit(stinky)was the last of the 'longago Indian dogs'. He was Tsi(Dene ppl's dog) and ManitobaWolf or HudsonBayWolf(depending) on which nonNative boundaries you're using at the moment. Again. An awesome, awesome sled dog and pet. Never even growled at any child nor did he ever start a fight with any K9. But he could sure deal it out if he was pushed to far by 'inferority complex' K9's insisting on pursuing us while we mushed.

Please don't get me wrong, I ain't endorsing cross breeding wolves and dogs. Especially with European dog breeds like Shepard, Dobey, Border Collie and Caucasion or even European dog based breeds like Labrador Retriever, Boxer and Dogo.
I am saying that we should most definitely not put our human illconcieved European Big Bad Wolf view/s//thought/s on Wolf and more especially New World Wolf.
I'm also saying that the crossbreed a I had with me were actually very good spirited animals.

Back
Top Bottom