Votes: 8 53.3%
  • sprint

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Rec

• Other

• Total voters
Got a new phone and apps apparently don't transfer. But finally remembered password and all that good stuff. What's with this weird update thing? Anywho. I think it's almost time to "retire" Nala. She has these spells where she'll pull half way then freak out and just stop and won't move. I don't think she's liking it anymore. But other days she can go for hours..

None I know of, it could possibly be the newly graveled road. Or she's not used to the belly band. She loves getting out of harness.

It couldn't hurt to have her checked out, though of course it is possible she just doesn't like it. And hmm, maybe the road hurts her paws? Does she have dog booties or anything?

Ooooooooops! Dono wut hapnd thr. After typing a veritable novel it ddn't show up. Try agn.

I would think that Jax would heat-up if he were running with Sprinter type dogs. His long coat would retain a ton of heat doncha think? Hey, did you try shaving him a bit then? About the team looking weird....so what. Some ppl say that bout me and I can outwork them anyday.
Yes rabbits are much better to feed than kibble.
,ya kibble is easier for us lazy or just plain "gettin old" ppl...but ... Rabbit is a small package of entire diet for a carnivore of Med/L Domestic K9. As I stated earlier tho', it's best served with extra fat. You know, actually 1 rabbit should do Jax and his size for a cpl days unless he's working. I mean working not just in exercise for 10 miles. This may sound awful to sum ppl but my dogs get fed every 2days and some times I'll skip 3or4 days. My dogs are sctually overweight for sled dogs. Geez!!!Max weighs almost 110lbs now. Burner weighs in @ 87whopping lbs and little wee Oreo is 49 lbs instead of the 33 she should weigh. The "birthday brood" males weigh on average 100 and the females about 70. They're all about 30-40% overweight. Mind you I haven't been exercising them. It's just been too blasted hot. Sooooooo....anyways.... Ya, rabbits... I just take scythe and go cut some fresh greens from the meadow to feed mine. Come fall I have a bunch for me and the fam as well as a cpl or 3 good meals for the dogs. Cheap...lotsa work but cheap. And nutritious. And delicious.
Ya eh "(sadly)". I'd love to live Alaska too. Or even Yukon. Or for that matter we can get some pretty darn remote places even just north of whee I live now. It'd be kinda like pioneer times. Just like the way my grandfather lived. "On the land, by the land"
With my dogs and summer heat, July & August are the worst. I have made teepee like structures for shade. I use 2x2's and plywood or OSB or posts and rails with cheap plastic tarps. I pay a buck for a 6x8@ Dollarama for the white ones. It sorta looks more like a "trekking pole" shelter. It's cheap, easy but does the job for a cpl months. ....f the wind don't get too crazy. But it's cheap to rebuild.
I also stir up the soil a bit and sometimes even throw a quart of cold water on it. The dogs dig into it and 'voila'! cool pit in the shade. Everything helps. Good luck my girl.

I'm thinking I am get Jax to do weight pulls or skijoring. That or I hook him up with my friend's big sib so their is some sort of even height between them lol. He does get hot really quickly so I am going to see about shaving his belly.
My parents said I can't do rabbits until next spring so it's off the butchers. I think that if you raised your dogs feeding them every other day or so it's fine. I mean, wild dogs and wolves and their likes aren't eating every night. We don't really have a wild rabbit population where I live so I can't trap. I might see if my friend can.

I've been using those plastic igloos for the dogs and i've decided that I spite them more than anything else. They break easily, they're bulky, and they aren't high enough off the ground for dirt and water and snow to not get in them. I've also switched chains and I'm really happy with the ones I have now. Still 10ft strands.

Howdy y'all. Couldn't get on for a while. Forgot my pass word and the new forum wouldn't send me a new one till I texted/emailed admin. Good to go now.
Nice to hear from SternRose, KDOGG & Blue. I ges we r down to 4 now eh.
Any body get their sled out yet. Not me. Not enough snow yet. Only bout 1/2inch.
Anyhow, Blue, yes I do not like them plastic doghouses. Even though my ganglines are made of polyethylene and my harnesses are made of nylon I dislike plastic anyways because of the negative impact on the environment. Now indeed houses for dogs? I can appreciatte someone thinking they can make money out of providing an alternative to "pet housing" but dogs chew stuff. Mine chew their houses too but wood is semi digestible. Plastic keeps its edges sharp all the way thru the digestive tract. If it don't cut them up inside it cuts on its way out bout 80% of the time.
I wish I knew how to put pix on here. I'd show you my design. Although I t's really good for my lifestyle and where I live it may be deemed a tad overkill for some ppl. It is well thought out tho. The house design I mean.
Jax: yes he would heat up quick eh. Yes I think shaving part of his belly might help. Maybe even crop/trim some of his "mane". Not right short tho.
Better yet. I'll trade Oreo to you for him. I'll even put Burner, my leader, into her so the babies will have slightly longer hair as opposed to Eurohound type.
Oh darn, can't remember if you already said or not,..is he nuetered?
Still if you want Oreo...

Kennel update. I have 26 K9's now. My neice gave me 6 of 7 of her Sibes. She went on vacation and left father-in-law in charge of dog care. Some "do gooder" comes along, breaks the gate and feeds them "because they're starving."(just not wobbly fat like her's). They dumped 5 bags of 3 different kinds of dogfood in the kennels on 3 different occasions. It spoiled in the damp cool fall weather and poisoned the dogs. Then they take the best looking one. ??????. I know that's theft but we can't prove it. No cameras.
Anyhow, they're doing much better here on 20' chains, some dog kibble, fresh meat and fish.
Gee! Long post.

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    370 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    416.3 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom