Americaunas!! Post pics of yours!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some of mine. Granted all five pullets are only 4 days old and still look like chipmunks, but they are lovable. My daughter named the biggest one Cleo since she said the black outlined eyes remind her of an Egyptian Queen. We have two more but they are camera shy. We just love them all. Such personalities they all seem to have.

Cleo just after they arrived at home
100_2195.jpg

This one I think is Fudge
100_2213.jpg

This one is Brownie
100_2224.jpg

hi. Here are a few of mine. I have araucanas and ameraucanas. I Love wondering what they will look like when grown. I dont think i have seen any pics like the dark brown one in the middle.
That is one of the araucanas, anyone have that color?

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

Great pictures! Love seeing all of the variety there.

So what color of eggs is everyone getting?

And for those who ordered their chicks from on online hatchery (like My Pet Chicken), are you finding that they are more EEs than Ameraucanas? What color of egg did you get?

Just trying to decide on whether to get from an online hatchery or not... thanks!!

Last edited:
barg, too cute! Love that first pic especially. Where'd you get your EE from? Just wondering if they gave you some idea of the final coloring of your hen. Our EE's arrive next week, so dd LOVED seeing your photos.

She came from privett via a small feed store.
The lady at the feed store mixed the EE's together with Wyandottes and didn’t really know which was which so not allot of help there.
I wish I knew what her final coloring is going to be, Iv'e looked at alot of peoples pics but I still havent seen enough to know.
My guess is a combo of brown and yellow, or brown and red or brown and brown haha.

GL with yours

This is Molly and she is the sweetest..
smile.png
My dd loves her to pieces.. and I think the feeling is mutual.. lol I swear she see's her coming from a mile away and Molly comes running to the fence.. there is a piece of wood that is my dd's "chair" and as soon as she sits on it Molly will hop up on her lap..

mollygirl.jpg

puffymolly.jpg

chickgang.jpg

I can't believe that is her in my avatar only 7 weeks ago.. they sure grow up fast!
wink.png

Last edited:
I really love the ones with all the different colors. I only got two with this batch, I wish I had grabbed a couple more. I will get better pics up tomorrow. They are so fun to watch change colors.

They are in the upper right corner:

P6200360.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom