Amerucana and Bantam?

lol...i have 1 bantam roo who is the sweetest guy ever!! He likes to butter his girls up, and protects them from the big bad layer flock...he also follows me around like a fluffy little puppy dog! My buff brahma's where really sweet...i will be getting a new one in march...sadly my old ones got killed by a fox :(
This is the sweet roo, Sebastian :) He's a Bantam Calico cochin x bantam millie fluer d'uccle...he will throw some nice babies!!
Aww, ver purty!

My Roo (Sergant Pepper) is leading the two other bantam hens that came with him into corners of the coop and into nest boxes and making 'wallows' as I call them and making noises.. What on earth is he doin? He ain't gonna lay an egg!! So why would he do it.... lol

I keep forgetting the picture (arghhhh) but maybe one day...maybe lol

Aww, ver purty!

My Roo (Sergant Pepper) is leading the two other bantam hens that came with him into corners of the coop and into nest boxes and making 'wallows' as I call them and making noises.. What on earth is he doin? He ain't gonna lay an egg!! So why would he do it.... lol

I keep forgetting the picture (arghhhh) but maybe one day...maybe lol
thanks!!

That's funny about the whole nest box thing...most likely he is encouraging the girls to lay...he's a pretty sweet rooster :) He may also be encouraging them to sit and hatch eggs.

lol :p

thanks!!

That's funny about the whole nest box thing...most likely he is encouraging the girls to lay...he's a pretty sweet rooster :) He may also be encouraging them to sit and hatch eggs.

lol :p
Yeah he goes in dark corners and stuff...maybe they'll start laying soon!! But it's supposed to snow tommorow..so maybe that'll throw them off again *sighs*

Yeah he goes in dark corners and stuff...maybe they'll start laying soon!! But it's supposed to snow tommorow..so maybe that'll throw them off again *sighs*
winter can be annoying...hope yours start laying...eggs are always so exciting to find (and i've been keeping birds for years...still fun to find eggs
gig.gif
) annoyingly, all of my birds decided to stop laying about 3 weeks ago, and go into molt. We have been buying store bought eggs (lol, not a happy deal when you are used to fresh ones).

Is it their first lay? I've had pullets start laying in the dead of winter, but years after stop for the winter.

winter can be annoying...hope yours start laying...eggs are always so exciting to find (and i've been keeping birds for years...still fun to find eggs
gig.gif
) annoyingly, all of my birds decided to stop laying about 3 weeks ago, and go into molt. We have been buying store bought eggs (lol, not a happy deal when you are used to fresh ones).

Is it their first lay? I've had pullets start laying in the dead of winter, but years after stop for the winter.
Bramha-No
Jinx-Kinda..she started and stopped
Other ones-Yes it is. :)

I raised chickens before..but this is my 1st time starting over.

Bramha-No
Jinx-Kinda..she started and stopped
Other ones-Yes it is. :)

I raised chickens before..but this is my 1st time starting over.
cool! you just might be coming and finding eggs :)

I've had ducks a lot longer that chickens, but i think i am throughly addicted (ok, maybe i was addicted a few years ago
wink.png
)

I am "patiently" awaiting new babies in a month...seems like forever :)

didn't u mention u wanted to get some more standards? do have any breeds in mind?

cool! you just might be coming and finding eggs :)

I've had ducks a lot longer that chickens, but i think i am throughly addicted (ok, maybe i was addicted a few years ago
wink.png
)

I am "patiently" awaiting new babies in a month...seems like forever :)

didn't u mention u wanted to get some more standards? do have any breeds in mind?

My paresnts are getting 5 red sex links mid-early feburaray..around V-day. I do want to get meat rabbits though lol

My paresnts are getting 5 red sex links mid-early feburaray..around V-day. I do want to get meat rabbits though lol
nice! RSL's are pretty good birds...they sure lay a lot of eggs!! Mine are quite the birds... :)

Meat rabbits are so fun!! Though, it's hard to kill the cute little fuzzy babies. One of the handy things about them is they give nice pelts....i've sold pelts on places like ebay for like 10 bucks a pelt...not too bad :)

nice! RSL's are pretty good birds...they sure lay a lot of eggs!! Mine are quite the birds... :)

Meat rabbits are so fun!! Though, it's hard to kill the cute little fuzzy babies. One of the handy things about them is they give nice pelts....i've sold pelts on places like ebay for like 10 bucks a pelt...not too bad :)
-Yes, lol I decieded the Bramha between a black sexlink an my mom wa s like 'why?' lol

Yeah, my dad does th ekilling and I don't watch then I am fine. :D

Can you tell me more about the pelts and stuff? Like what are they? How do you get them... and more about meat rabbits in general..I've never raised rabbits before

-Yes, lol I decieded the Bramha between a black sexlink an my mom wa s like 'why?' lol

Yeah, my dad does th ekilling and I don't watch then I am fine. :D

Can you tell me more about the pelts and stuff? Like what are they? How do you get them... and more about meat rabbits in general..I've never raised rabbits before
lol

haha, yeah my dad did at first. When i got my first ducks for eggs when i was 9, i wouldn't even think about killing anything (even a bug)...now i will go and butcher a chicken or rabbit, and other kids think im a really creepy person...actually most girls just avoid me and call me a bunny murderer...
somad.gif

The pelts are the rabbit fur. When you skin a rabbit, the fur comes off with the skin, and that can be tanned and sold to be used for crafts and stuff. You can make some really warm gloves and hats too....

Rabbit meat tastes pretty good, but for the most part, i have found rabbit to be a bit of a challenge. They seem to die easier than other animals, and have a lot of false pregnancy (really annoying). I've had some die for no apparent reason, some break their spines, and some die of heat stroke. If you live in a hot place, you will need to freeze water bottles and change them out a few times a day during the summer...they get overheated easily.

They are fun other than their issues, and really cuddly. Plus, if you have a garden their poop is the best fertilizer ever!. Oh, and when you have babies rabbits running around, everyone will want to see them. They are so dang cute!!

i'd be happy to answer any rabbit related questions!! :D

Back
Top Bottom