Amoxicillin (Fish antibiotics)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230317-122355~2.png
    Screenshot_20230317-122355~2.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 8
Amoxicillin dose is 57mg per pound of weight given orally twice a day for 7-10 days.

You'll want to weigh your bird to get, so you can get a good estimate of dosing.

That said. I'd go with the "closest" dose that you can divide evenly.

Say you come up with that your hen needs 228mg twice a day (for a 4lb hen). I'd round up to 250 so you can do that math easier and also divide the powder more evenly as well.

Start with a known amount of coconut oil (1tsp). Open one capsule (500mg), mix it up with 1tsp of coconut oil, then divide it into 2 equal parts. Roll up the coconut into 2 balls or pill shapped portions, stick them into the freezer for a little while, this will harden up the oil. Then you'd dose your hen with 1 of the oil pills twice a day.

This can be done in 1/4 or 1/3 as well.

Does that make sense?

Amoxicillin dose is 57mg per pound of weight given orally twice a day for 7-10 days.

You'll want to weigh your bird to get, so you can get a good estimate of dosing.

That said. I'd go with the "closest" dose that you can divide evenly.

Say you come up with that your hen needs 228mg twice a day (for a 4lb hen). I'd round up to 250 so you can do that math easier and also divide the powder more evenly as well.

Start with a known amount of coconut oil (1tsp). Open one capsule (500mg), mix it up with 1tsp of coconut oil, then divide it into 2 equal parts. Roll up the coconut into 2 balls or pill shapped portions, stick them into the freezer for a little while, this will harden up the oil. Then you'd dose your hen with 1 of the oil pills twice a day.

This can be done in 1/4 or 1/3 as well.

Does that make sense?
Yes it does. Thank you so much for the information.

Back
Top Bottom