Ancona Ducks: Breeding for Colour

Knightlight

Chirping
Mar 11, 2021
Im looking into breeding my Anconas, but want to know what duckling colours to expect, well, kinda expect possibly. At least a general direction.

What crosses throw what colours?
My group is very small, just 2 hens and 1 drake.
The drake is a Black and the hens are a Black and a Lavender.
Black x Black will obviously throw Black, but could they be hiding recessive genes and throw others?

What about Black x Lavender?

I know Black is dominant, and that a Black x Chocolate crossing will give all black ducklings or that a Chocolate x Black cross will give sex linked ducklings.
Past this I cant find much information.

I found a chart on this hatchery website that has a list of all (except tricolor) Ancona color breeding combinations and the possible colors you can get from them. It's been really helpful for me, and the breeder I got my Anconas from said it looks accurate from her experience. So far it's matched with the duck color calculator too.

I found a chart on this hatchery website that has a list of all (except tricolor) Ancona color breeding combinations and the possible colors you can get from them. It's been really helpful for me, and the breeder I got my Anconas from said it looks accurate from her experience. So far it's matched with the duck color calculator too.
Here's screenshots of the actual chart in case you don't want to download the pdf.

Attachments

• My Drive - Google Drive — Mozilla Firefox 5_5_2022 10_18_14 PM.png
    My Drive - Google Drive — Mozilla Firefox 5_5_2022 10_18_14 PM.png
    175.9 KB · Views: 53
  • My Drive - Google Drive — Mozilla Firefox 5_5_2022 10_18_28 PM.png
    My Drive - Google Drive — Mozilla Firefox 5_5_2022 10_18_28 PM.png
    145.8 KB · Views: 48

Back
Top Bottom