angel wing

It’s not yo late
Wrap and leave it for 3-4 days
Then let them bath and check how they look
If they still need more time wrap again for 3-4 days abd repeat until they are staying under and they are able to hold them
For my goose all she needed was 4 days
My vet wrapped my goose so I could learn the proper way
Fortunately she only needed the one time but I did get her in at first sign of it

My khaki drake on the other hand has one wing and although we tried he got every wrap off so he lives with one bad wing
I was told by my vet to high of protein diet is why it happened
He has been dad to well over 60 offspring and not one has had angel wing
I now use starter feed only till 2 weeks then start to switch to grower / finisher being mixed for one week
I have raised many little ones since doing it this way and never had one duckling get it since
My gosling genetic line is a possibility on why she got it
ok thank
just cut the foot part off and used the tube part , slid it on over her body. but I think your duck is too big for a sock. That’s why I mentioned perhaps a pants leg? You might have better luck with the wrapping with Vet wrap than I did. But the sock worked for us. This is Poppy in her sock.
just wrapped it! not sure if it’s wrapped correctly but i hope so ! only had this blue tape wrap stuff. i know it’s very messy but he did great. let me know if it looks ok, i’ve never done this before lol

Attachments

• B94B5E34-3057-43AD-806F-6B1D590E7CB7.jpeg
    B94B5E34-3057-43AD-806F-6B1D590E7CB7.jpeg
    497.7 KB · Views: 5
So once they reach maturity, it can’t be fixed? Just wondering if it would be possible during a molt or if it’s left untreated when they’re young, does the wing bone grow permanently in the wrong direction? As far as feed, mine have free access to layer feed and duck specific feed and two of four have it. In the past, my babies have all gotten flock raiser and switched to layer at 16-18 weeks. Seems like one in every batch gets it. Dad has it, mom doesn’t.

I mean honestly, they don’t seem to care. They all can get off the ground for short distances, which is more than they need, being my beautiful egg giving garden ornaments, so it’s really not even a quality of life thing - just wondering if I tried to fix the older ducks, would it even work, or is it Just really not worth the bother?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom