Any concerns about wild Canada Geese interacting with domestic ducks

Pics
Look who's back and waiting for breakfast this morning!!! They had me thinking they found somewhere else and/or might not come back when they didn't show up yesterday. This made my day.
View attachment 2021188
:love they love corn! I bet it you toss some corn out each morning that will encourage them to stay.

We had a really snowy icy spring one year and a pair actually flew in probably the pair that nest in the river below us, boy was that a treat though they would land outside the fence and my birds were scared of them. But I fed them corn and scratch they only came 2 days but it was such an experience.

Sometimes whole flocks of them land in our fields and graze. I think they are after armyworms because it doesn't happen often.

The pair I had before wouldn't allow any other Canada Geese to visit or anything. They were aggressive towards their own and once she started setting, the gander was ruthless. Every morning, a few would fly in and he would run them out. The ones that didn't get the point clearly fast enough, he would run out of the pond and then clear across the yard.

We have a lot of Canada Geese fly into our pond, at first the drake would try to chase them. Now the five Appleyards (one Drake and four Ducks) just co-exist with each other. My wife places corn out for our "ducks" in which the deer and geese eats mostly. The ducks prefers their pellets which they get in the evening before they are put up for the night.

Back
Top Bottom