Any good suppliers for DELIVERED Organic Chicken feed?

GreenieMama

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jan 14, 2008
Shingle Springs, CA
I like feeding the hens organic chicken food, but it is close to $25 per 50 pound bag at the local feed store.

I'm wondering if I could get a better price by having larger amounts delievered. I could probably split a 500 pound order with a friend down the street.

Do you know of any suppliers that deliver for a better rate than my local store? I'm outside of Sacramento, California.

Thanks!

I don't think you are going to find it much cheaper. Unless you want several tons, even 500 lbs is going to be sold by the bag. Feed prices are at an all time high right now (along with everything else). We are working on buying a 2500 hen organic layer operation in Southwest Wisconsin and organic, omega 3 feed delivered by the ton, augered into the grain bin from the truck is over $600 a ton, that breaks down to over $15 for 50 lbs and this is in an area where organic grain is grown right out the back door and the grain elevator and feed mill are right down the road...

Yeah, it may be hard to do any better. I got a great mix from Country Side Naturals which was about $22 per 50 lb bag, but my shipping was just as much! The guy I talked to at the store told me that shipping costs would just increase the more I ordered. Maybe you can find a larger scale operation in your area that would be able to sell you some of what they order and give it to you at a better rate? For instance, Country Side Naturals checked to see if anyone was ordering the same mix in my area, but they were not.

Lisa

Hi there....I get mine right from the mill, and it's 23.00/bag. I do like the freshness of it though, smells great in the bag, I get it from Modesto Milling company. I believe they also do delivery. Google search their website.
big_smile.png

500 lbs is not alot and most feed distributors wouldn't blink and eye at it. You would need to buy it by the ton to get their interest and a better price.

I usually buy 40 of the 50lb bags at a time - even I am small potatoes when I double up on feed..

Back
Top Bottom