Any heavy readers want to do some alfa-reading for me?

rebelcowboysnb

Confederate Money Farm
11 Years
Nov 14, 2008
Independent State of Dade NWGa
I started writing my first novel. Not something I would have done years ago. I can spin a good yarn but spelling an grammar kills me. Now a days most of that fixes its self so why not.

Anyway, it is a war novel placed in the US mainland in the present to near future. It's told from the perspective of a 16-year-old southern girl. So the target audience is teens to young adults but that's what I read to so older opinions are great.

What Alfa-reading is, is reading the chapter as they come out an telling me what works an what does not. Not much spell check stuff, More did you like it, understand it, am I using too much or too little local dialect, and was it believable. In other words, what does an does not work in the story.

I am at around the 8000-word point so not far but enough to tell if you would keep reading or not.

I started writing my first novel. Not something I would have done years ago. I can spin a good yarn but spelling an grammar kills me. Now a days most of that fixes its self so why not.

Anyway, it is a war novel placed in the US mainland in the present to near future. It's told from the perspective of a 16-year-old southern girl. So the target audience is teens to young adults but that's what I read to so older opinions are great.

What Alfa-reading is, is reading the chapter as they come out an telling me what works an what does not. Not much spell check stuff, More did you like it, understand it, am I using too much or too little local dialect, and was it believable. In other words, what does an does not work in the story.

I am at around the 8000-word point so not far but enough to tell if you would keep reading or not.

let me know how that works for you.... I have two rough drafts running close to 90K each.... Firs one was the novel. Second one was supposed to be character development for the novel.... wound up being a much better story....
th.gif

check out NanoWrimo its coming up in November..... http://www.nanowrimo.com/ its free and challenges you to write 50K words in 30 days.

deb

Good luck on your book! I can help if no one else volunteers. I'm going to be getting really busy soon though
hmm.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom