Any ideas on breed?

Lashy

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 17, 2013
Grabbed 4 chicks from Easter Egger bin. Three look the same, like the others I've had. Then there is this one. Can Easter Eggers look like her or any idea what she is?

He looks different cause he's a he, not a she. Being male is what gives him that different coloring, leggy/unfinished look, and redder comb.

Bummer. I have no desire for a male... 'He' was born at the beginning of March. I already gave away a male white leghorn that is the same age that already had a very pronounced male comb. Do EEs take longer to develop the combs? When would I expect to see the comb form, being that it is about 11 weeks old?

Here are a couple more pics I just took. Still think it's a male? Guess I was just expecting a much larger, more pronounce comb. The one I just gave away was huge compared to this one, and they were the same age.
[/IMG]

They have totally different comb types. Yours has a pea comb which stays small and low to the head. Your Leghorn has a single comb which is thin, tall, and has points. Pea combs were developed to prevent frostbite.

Back
Top Bottom