Any one ever buy from Cackle hatchery?

This is what I am thinking of getting.

This is what I am thinking of getting.
I have gotten this package several years back. Just expect to wait a while before they are of any size to butcher. Best bet is to grwo them to about 20 weeks old and butcher regarless of size. They will make good soup and we also pressure cook the chicken and put it through the meat grinder, and make some good chicken patties out of it.

I ordered for Cackle two years ago when I ordered my first BO flock. I had a great experience with them,
they were very nice and helpful with my first timer questions. They are all grown up now and doing great!!

Here are some Pics of my ladies from cackle.

I judged a large Fair show last summer & for the most part saw what you'd expect at a Fair. There were some exceptions. In the large fowl Old English Game class there were some very nice birds. After judgung was over I had a chance to talk to the owner of the Games & was surprised to learn they came from Cackle. I bought one of his hens to add to my breeding program.

This is my first time ordering from cackle hatchery. I get them next month, what should i expect?

Last edited:
Someone recommended Cackle to me for show stock. I'm finding that looking for show quality Brahmas is near impossible. I was skeptical, and I still am looking at their pictures and show stock. Would someone confirm that for me?

Back
Top Bottom