Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

OMIGOSH!!!
ep.gif

Look what I found this morning!!! Four out of five are laying! And my little EE's first blue egg! I am over the moon!!!
The largest and darkest is the australorp and from previous eggs I'm guessing the palest is Apple's (Cochin)...the tan on the far right is either Velcro (barred rock) or the Silver Laced Wyandotte.
I have two nesting boxes and of course they are all laying in the same one...I am shocked that none are broken.

wee.gif
wee.gif

How embarrassing! Sorry I got mixed up! Blessings to ALL chickie moms but especially to you Brooster...I cannot imagine splinting and making orthopedic shoes....
Oh gosh, you guys are so sweet! Thanks for all the well wishes. Most of the chicks went to their new home today, with the sweetest girl. She promised to send me photos, as I'm still very curious to see how these EE chicks feather out. Only two chicks remain. One is healthy, and the other is hobbled with a slipped tendon...poor little guy! Here's Professor Neutron (my brother named him...he's a rocket scientist). He's modeling the latest in leg splints, foam tape shackles, and shoes made from a cheerios box...so stylish
big_smile.png
...but SO grumpy.

He's getting around amazingly well, eating, and drinking. So I'm hopeful, but we'll see. It's not an easy condition to correct.

Congrats to all the lovely new eggs! And for those of you still waiting...hang on! That white EE is gorgeous! My EEs all went nearly 40 weeks before the first egg, but those pretty eggs are so worth the wait!

Oh nak, that stinks!

I love those things, and covet mine like crazy! Look at the bright side,,, at least he DOeS the dishes! sorry love!

MB
Oh my let's talk about Pampered Chef LOL My daughter in law has been selling it for 3 years and I am Pampered Chef poor LOL I love this stuff! So glad they said they'd replace it for you :) You guys should see the new stuff they came out with! Here's something we all can use...

http://www.pamperedchef.biz/jennife...tail&categoryId=9&itemId=1372&productId=41548

I almost got that Deb! i just couldn't see spending the $19.50 on it. I just couldn't believe how much they charge for shipping. I had a FaceBook show just so I could get free shipping. ;) But when I talked to them today they said they are shipping the 2 replacements out with FREE shipping. I am very impressed with how they back their products. I will definitely be hosting another FB party maybe next year! It was so fun and easy. If our mortgage company(long story) was different I would Love to become a FB consultant.

4 eggs today! 48 so far this month, They are only 10 eggs away from last years March total!!

I almost got that Deb! i just couldn't see spending the $19.50 on it. I just couldn't believe how much they charge for shipping. I had a FaceBook show just so I could get free shipping. ;) But when I talked to them today they said they are shipping the 2 replacements out with FREE shipping. I am very impressed with how they back their products. I will definitely be hosting another FB party maybe next year! It was so fun and easy. If our mortgage company(long story) was different I would Love to become a FB consultant.

4 eggs today! 48 so far this month, They are only 10 eggs away from last years March total!!
Woo who on the eggs! We're still getting 5-6 a day, but today I found one in the middle of the coop
ep.gif
That was very strange :( But it can't be one of the new girls, they're EEs. My camera showed 1 of the first 6 headed that way buy why there? I very much love my Pampered Chef, yes expensive, but I've had some of it for years and still like brand new :) So glad they fixed the broken ones for you!

Thank you for all the compliments on my white EE Wiggy!!! She says thanks! And I will def post when the big day of the 1st egg gets here!! Hopefully sooner than later!

Thank you for all the compliments on my white EE Wiggy!!! She says thanks! And I will def post when the big day of the 1st egg gets here!! Hopefully sooner than later!
Funny how some faces just look sweet...Wiggy is just a danged good lookin chick! My barred rock looks like she wants to take your eye out when she's close up but she is actually the nicest one of the bunch....she's called Velcro...because she follows me wherever I go.

Funny how some faces just look sweet...Wiggy is just a danged good lookin chick! My barred rock looks like she wants to take your eye out when she's close up but she is actually the nicest one of the bunch....she's called Velcro...because she follows me wherever I go.
Ha ha! I like Velcro for a name.

We had a chicken turn up where I work, which has a big run of 20+ chickens. She followed us around so much, we called her Puppy.

We were so worried she would get killed by something, as there are plenty of foxes and dogs in the area. We tried putting her in with the other girls but they pecked her terribly and we asked around the neighbourhood and no one was missing a chicken. After a few days of worrying about her, my workmate took her home and quarantined her then gradually introuced her to a small flock. Two years on she is happy and laying well - and still called Puppy. I love to catch up with her when we visit.

Katrina

OMIGOSH!!!
ep.gif

Look what I found this morning!!! Four out of five are laying! And my little EE's first blue egg! I am over the moon!!!
The largest and darkest is the australorp and from previous eggs I'm guessing the palest is Apple's (Cochin)...the tan on the far right is either Velcro (barred rock) or the Silver Laced Wyandotte.
I have two nesting boxes and of course they are all laying in the same one...I am shocked that none are broken.

yippiechickie.gif
- So happy for you!!

These are my little pip squeak eggs. But they're mine!!!!
Well, the girls' but they gave them to me. The size and shapes
are cracking me up. Some are round like a ping pong ball and
some are long and skinny. So far light and medium brown.
We are waiting for our last hold out. Our EE. She is 24 weeks as
of Monday. she is squatting and pacing in and out of the coop but no egg
yet. Maybe she's waiting for Easter. Can't wait to see what
color she gives us. This has been and continues to be such
a fun experience. Who would have thought; I was battling horrible
depression this time last year. Can't wait to see the doc this
week and bring her some fresh eggs and share some of my
uplifting experiences. Nature sure does wonders for the soul.
You guys aren't half bad either
hugs.gif
. All the best -

Last edited:
This has been and continues to be such
a fun experience. Who would have thought; I was battling horrible
depression this time last year. Can't wait to see the doc this
week and bring her some fresh eggs and share some of my
uplifting experiences. Nature sure does wonders for the soul.
You guys aren't half bad either
hugs.gif
. All the best -
This is the best testimony yet for raising chickens. I can feel the connection you've made too. Today when I got home, I let them out to free range. After about 2 hours I went out and sat in my chair. They all came running and they spent the next 20 minutes, scratching and pecking the leaves at my feet. They had 10 acres and untold amount of goodies but they chose to over-scratch at my feet. I love them.

Back
Top Bottom