Any other hawaiians out there?

Pics
Hoping any members we have on Maui (or families of members) are safe...sending out prayers for you all. :hugs
We appreciate that. ♡♡♡ Much needed but help is on the way.
Good god bless Lahaina and all who walked its charming streets. Prayers to the families who have lost so much, our hearts, our Aloha is with you now and always.

Actually, we have the largest ranch in the US. Parker Ranch dates back to Kamehameha I and takes up most of the North & South Kohala Districts here. Surprisingly, while the produce is wonderful, its priced 10 - 20% higher than whatʻs being flown in from the mainland.

I donʻt get it, and Iʻm a dues paying member of the Farm Bureau! The last commercial egg producer on this island closed about two years ago and the sole remaining one (Ka Leo) is located on Oahu. Once again, my cheapest source of eggs is in Yucaipa Valley, CA.

Hey! I live in Hilo! Fancy that we should live on the same island! I'm new to BYC and got a couple chickens just a couple months ago! Drop me a line sometime.
big_smile.png
Aloha!

I think it's still at 3, no roosters. I have 7 (1 silkie, so is that 6.5? lol). I'm in Waianae though, no association, everyone has something they're not supposed to have. My neighbor has 4 roosters, no hens. The roosters are just pets though, she doesn't fight them. It will all depend on whether or not you move somewhere with an HOA and your neighbors. I know almost all the new developments specifically state that no poultry are allowed.

Hello! I'm from the Big Island.

Anyone have any luck with laced Wyandottes? I'd love to get one or two but I've read that they're bred for winter. I don't have chickens yet, but plan to get a Golden Sex Link, an Australorp, and Wyandottes.

I have done plenty of research but information feels very limited on the intense humidity of the tropics! Any advice for a first-time chicken owner in Hawaii? :jumpy

Aloha from windward Oahu! I have a Buff Orpington & Black Astrolorp- 2 months old and I have a Wyandotte that’s little over a month old.

Attachments

• 5C883EC1-B86D-4865-BA72-CCA35C2CE80A.jpeg
    5C883EC1-B86D-4865-BA72-CCA35C2CE80A.jpeg
    689.8 KB · Views: 8
  • F5904EA0-E0CF-496F-B93F-C42DB30B1CE8.jpeg
    F5904EA0-E0CF-496F-B93F-C42DB30B1CE8.jpeg
    310.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 97BB05E1-47CB-43A5-98DD-74597E593E57.jpeg
    97BB05E1-47CB-43A5-98DD-74597E593E57.jpeg
    313 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom