Any reviews on this pre-fab coop?

Djgm

Songster
May 9, 2020
Northern NJ
So, chicken math got the best of me lol...I need another coop lmfao. I don't want to spend the same amount of time on building one from scratch, and I was wondering if any of you have this? I've read so many horror stories about the pre-fab coops, how they fall apart, are a waste of $$, and for the price, I'd like some expert opinions from here :D https://www.mypetchicken.com/catalo...Roof-XL-Chicken-Coop-9-12-chickens-p2483.aspx Of course, I'd add more of a run to it once it comes. Thanks guys!

Their coop size AGAIN is including the nest boxes as part of the usable coop. Roosts are only 10" apart and only 9" from the wall.....bad design.

I would NOT waste $700 on what is most assuredly another poorly designed, poorly built, poor materials coop.

Any time they list the size in INCHES it DEFINITELY should be avoided in my opinion.

So the windows on front and back wouldn't be enough? I would only have 4 in it, no way would I squeeze 9 in there!

I should have asked first, where are you located? If in cold climate, you wouldn't want the windows open due to causing a draft, but at the same time,moisture has to escape. Ventilation needs to be above the roost and the birds.

Their coop size AGAIN is including the nest boxes as part of the usable coop. Roosts are only 10" apart and only 9" from the wall.....bad design.

I would NOW waste $700 on what is most assuredly another poorly designed, poorly built, poor materials coop.

Any time they list the size in INCHES it DEFINITELY should be avoided in my opinion.
That's what I was afraid of. Ughhhhhhhh I was trying to not spend thousands..but that's all I'm seeing without building it myself -_-

I should have asked first, where are you located? If in cold climate, you wouldn't want the windows open due to causing a draft, but at the same time,moisture has to escape. Ventilation needs to be above the roost and the birds.
Northern NJ, so yeah it gets pretty cold (IMHO lol) but you're correct, the windows are right where the roost bars are, so it's no good 😩 back to searching. Thank you guys for your input!!!!

That's what I was afraid of. Ughhhhhhhh I was trying to not spend thousands..but that's all I'm seeing without building it myself -_-

You could build something much better for the same $700. Look into sawmills in your area. Around here, ruff cut lumber is less than half the cost of kiln dried.

Back
Top Bottom