Any suggestions would be appreciated

Do you have a picture of the container? Of corse the people here have no idea what I'm talking about

They may have a different brand also get a 1ml syringe you don't need a needle
IMG_2678 2.jpeg

So, I ordered both the B Complex and the Nicotinic acid tablets from Amazon. I noticed that the B3 listed in the Durvet B Complex is Niacinamide not Nicotinic acid and I will give both to be safe. TSC didn't have it in stock (surprise surprise).

Thank you all for your responses!

I read on Metzer farms site to add 500 mg to 4 GAL of water if they spill a lot. I use human grade flush free Niacin capsules.

They started having symptoms around 2 weeks and they are now 4 1/2 weeks. I caught it early and started treatment within 24 hours as suggested. They became a little better then worse all of a sudden.

I just started focusing on making the comfortable because I feel like they might be already crippled.

Edit- also doing hydrotherapy every 24 hrs.
Only problem is adding to water doesn’t work
They don’t get enough
It needs to be directly either on small treat so they get full dose or through syringe
1ml durvet vitamin B complex
Says injectable for cattle but for birds it’s oral
This could take 2-3 weeks maybe even longer
Has to be done daily
Also add 1tbs to 1cup feed of nutritional yeast
This should be done till 12 weeks
Then sprinkle on feed a little daily

Last edited:
On niacin capsules the way to remember the sort that is required is:

No flush, no good. As it happens there are medical experts that say the same for humans. Our ducks certainly need bioavailable niacin not a compound that it is bound to make it "slow release". If niacin is excreted through the kidneys, "flushed", it has been fully bioavailable in the blood

I do hope you can get these little fluffies up and moving normally. Please keep us updated

Only problem is adding to water doesn’t work
They don’t get enough
It needs to be directly either on small treat so they get full dose or through syringe
1ml durvet vitamin B complex
Says injectable for cattle but for birds it’s oral
This could take 2-3 weeks maybe even longer
Has to be done daily
Also add 1tbs to 1cup feed of nutritional yeast
This should be done till 12 weeks
Then sprinkle on feed a little daily
But why is the Niacin listed in the Durvet Niacinamide, isn't that the wrong kind?

On niacin capsules the way to remember the sort that is required is:

No flush, no good. As it happens there are medical experts that say the same for humans. Our ducks certainly need bioavailable niacin not a compound that it is bound to make it "slow release". If niacin is excreted through the kidneys, "flushed", it has been fully bioavailable in the blood

I do hope you can get these little fluffies up and moving normally. Please keep us updated
Thank you. I have also been giving them sliced fish form the supermarket and a variety of greens. (Fish is their favorite). I tried beef liver, and they hated it!

Niacinamide (nicotinamide) and niacinic acid are both forms of vitamin B(3). Niacinamide is a component of important coenzymes involved in hydrogen transfer, while niacinic acid is an essential human nutrient that can lead to pellagra if not taken in adequate.0
This is the best one for our waterfowl [niacinamide]that is why it's in the liquid B Complex

Back
Top Bottom