Anybody else have the flu?

texaschickmama

Songster
12 Years
Sep 19, 2007
Poolville, TX
I have been sick since last Thursday night. I tell you what, it is no fun. First, it was the stomach flu, you know the really ugly kind, now it has turned into the FLU. I did have Saturday that I thought I was better. My head hurts, my body hurts, I have kleenex stuffed up my nose because it is raw from blowing it, I won't go into any other gross details.
big_smile.png
I just hope this subsides soon, I have to coach basketball this afternoon and we have a game in the morning. I'm all out of patience with sickness, I don't have time for it. Anybody else feel like you got hit by a mack truck?

No....so stay away from me!! So sorry you are feeling so bad. Hope you feel better soon. (Knock on wood, I haven't had the flu in years) Take care of yourself!
hugs.gif
And don't over do....it'll just land you back in bed. Find a replacement for the coaching and game. You don't want to spread the bug around.

Last edited:
Well I haven't been sick in a long time untile last week! I got the flu and man let me tell you I felt like that Mac truck had hit me more than 1 time!! It was aweful. I hurt from the top of my head to the tip of my toes.

Hope you get to feeling better soon
hugs.gif

I've had it twice in the last 6 weeks. I know how you feel. Hang in there, it will get better. I just kept thinking that spring is on it's way and sunshine will be back soon. Silly I know, but we have had so much rain and overcast weather that it's getting very depressing.

I hope you feel better very soon
hugs.gif

I feel for you. I got sick with the flu 3 days after x-mas and it was no fun. Then i ended up getiing a bad cold with it with . I was sick for a month. I slept for most of it. Drink lots of fluids and get plenty of rest. I felt like the mack truck kept backing up and kept hitting me. I hope you get well soon.

I dragged myself out to check on the chickens right now, and they had absolutely NO water. My DH was supposed to water them for me. I'm sure it slipped his mind with working ALL the time. I should have gone out and done it myself anyway, even though it hurts to move. Poor things, they almost attacted me, well Gumbo did attack the waterer when I was trying to get out of the coop. I hope everyone is OK. They were so thirsty, they did not even leave the waterer to get their treats.

I am finally feeling better today, so I feel for ya. Been sick since Monday. I was just telling someone how I NEVER get sick, then sure enuf, I get hit with this dreadful cold/flu bug!!!!!!! Mack truck describes it to a tee! Hope you are feeling better by now, and hope your chickies got their thirst quenched
smile.png

Last edited:
I think a whole convoy from here in TX to California hit me and my daughter. My son just got hit by 1 or 2. DD got it first Thurs night then son got Mon then me Wed. DD and me had flu first then stomach flu and I still am yucky she is feeling much much better as of yesterday. Son's was just stomach flu. Hope I'm over this junk soon cause it is a pain being achy and weak.

I had it last month. Mostly I was freezing all the time. I couldn't be sick-DH had just come home from hospital and wasn't up to chores. Then I got strep at the end. I hope it doesn't come back-I hate being sick and DH doesn't need me sick right now!

What is the really great line from the Devil Wears Prada? Something like......I'M JUST ONE REALLY BAD FLU AWAY FROM A SIZE 5!! I'm not sure why, but my teenage daughter and I still howl about that....lol! Also we say it really sarcastically when we are feeling sick!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom