Anybody else have the flu?

My whole family has been passing it around for 2 weeks now, the kids are better although they still have a cough, the doc says the cough could last for weeks, My DH has it bad right now, came home from work early yesterday, chilled and miserable. He has to work 4 hours today then he can go back to bed. I have a touch of it, not as bad, but I was taking airborne while I was taking care of the kids, so maybe that helped.

I didn't have the flu but I surely had something. My kids had it first and when I got them all better I was hit with it. NOT pretty!

It's all over the front page of our paper this morning, "Flu season, worst in years". Luckily we haven't had it, in fact, don't even know anyone personally that has. My husband gets sick alot but I am disgustingly healthy, too aggravating to get sick I guess! Hope everyone stays well and uses antibac alot so others stay well...I am the one that uses those grocery cart wipes foodlion provides to wipe the cart handles, lol!!!

I'm so sorry everyone has been hit with the flu bug. My dh is forever bringing something home from work. But a few years ago I learned of a product I buy at Walmart that kills it dead. It really works! I can't emphasize it enough. Several times this winter one or the other of us start coming down with the flu and when we take this product, it kills it and we don't get sick. It's called: Oscillococcinum. I can't even pronounce it. I have to write it down.
roll.png
They have it at Walmart but it's kinda hard to see. Sometimes I just give the note to a pharmacist and they find it for me. It's kinda pricey but it's the only thing that I have ever found that actually stops the flu, especially when it's taken at the first signs of the illness. Please give it a try, it's worth it!

Dunno about Oscillococcinum... heard it doesn't work but I have no real experience.
My family got the flu around MLK weekend. It lasted a horrible 3 days! Doc said it was a different strain than the shot we had recieved but at least the shot lessened the duration by giving the body a headstart.
Chicken soup... Chicken soup... Chicken soup!
smile.png

Hot tea and honey... rest.
BIG HUGS

the country flu map is nearly all at HIGH alert.
the World Health Organization says the USA has A (H1), A (H3) and B hitting us.

Take care

Last edited:
BeckyLA--I use Oscillococcinum and Sambucol (black elderberry extract) and they really do help. I keep both of these in the house all the time. Glad somebody else uses the "O"!

just getting over something here too. Feels like every bone in my body as well as every muscle hurts. Probably just dehydrated (lost 8 lbs in a day) Hope you get better soon!

I have family up near Lubbock, and a couple of schools had to close around there for a few days because so many students and teachers had the flu.
Nothing I've found in a store works as well as a hot toddy. I got the flu around the new year, and a hot toddy every night was the only way I could ensure a full night's sleep.

Back
Top Bottom