Anybody else have the flu?

At work, everyone except myself and one other have had it. My boss is 72 and he has been REALLY sick for almost 2 weeks. Several schools in the area have closed becasue so many teachers and students are sick.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

So far all I've gotten is a scratchy throat
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

It started thursday night with me, I was doing homework and started to get real tired so I went to bed at about 7. I slept until about 12:30 on friday, ate lunch and went back to bed. At around 9 on friday night I got up and ran to the bathroom, puked 3 seperate times, stuff came up that I havent eaten for a couple weeks, it was scary and stinky. Saturday I was light headed and slept all day, got up and took some ny-quill and went bak to bed until around 11 on sunday. When I got up I felt all tipsy and then took some day-quill. The stomach flu went away but now I have this horrible cough that hurts my sides and under my armpits and all when I cough. I have to go to school tomorrow cuz its FFA week and I'm the treasurer, I was supposed to be at school today to buy groceries and help make the food for the staff lunch on friday but I was sick. I can already hear my ag teacher when I get to school in the morning, I think I might try to stay home again.

Aw man! I'm so sorry that y'all are/have been sick. My little brother had a stomach virus 2 weeks ago for a day. He threw up about every 45 minutes from 12:00 am Saturday morning- 6:00 pm Saturday night. Miraculasly, no one else in my family got it, even though we were in close contact with my brother. I hope that y'all get well soon!
hugs.gif

You all can keep your darned flu...
I spent 8 hours in the ER yesterday with suspected pneumonia...My lovely DS brought his cold home to his mom...
roll.png

If I had the flu I woulda felt better quicker. LOL

I haven't had the flu this year *knock on wood*. I took the flu shot back in November; now they're saying that the flu shots we got here in Arkansas are the wrong ones for the flu that is here.
I did have a bad head cold a few weeks ago. I took Mucinex D round the clock and basically stayed asleep for the 3 days it took to go away. I did not bother anyone, I did not whine, it was no big deal.
Since yesterday my SO has been home sick with the flu. Since he is stuck in his ways and wouldn't try the Mucinex D, I made a special trip to town today to get him his favorite cold remedy, Nyquil. And some throat spray. He won't use the throat drops I have on hand because he says they taste "yucky".
roll.png
He also won't take the vitamin C and zinc I take throughout the winter that I swear leaves me basically untouched by any nasty flu bugs, despite the fact that I am in close contact with a special population at work (and those kids stay sick).
Day 2 of his illness and I am convinced that a law should be passed that when a man gets sick we women can either a. return them to their mommies for the duration or b. go on vacation without them.
barnie.gif

They say the flu shots last a whole flu season , WRONG. They only last 2 months. The flu outbreak just started here, so many are vulnerable, not to mention it is a different type of flu. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom