Anyone from Missouri?

Well, Race Bros. I would say is a kind of hardware store,but they have western clothing in one section, riding mowers, all kinds of tools, etc. they might be on line I don't know. I called our local MFA and she said they had d.e. but it didn't say "food grade" on the bag so I didn't get it from there.

Hello to everyone,
This is my first posting. I am from around the Branson area. I have a variety of chickens;
One Buff Orp, one Auracauna hen and one Auracana Roo ( He is a beautiful Calico color)
One RIR Hen, and several sex links which I rescued after they were abandoned to free range by an owner who just upped and moved away. Then we have the BABIES; two brown leghorns two bantams and two polish (according to Orshelen's -these were supposed to be silver laced wyandots but are definitely polish.) and my newest additions are 2 Pekin ducklings

Hi TJeannie! Welcome! I didn't realize you had an Orshelen's down there.LOL That is where I bought our chicks last year. They really don't know much about chickens at the store up here.
sad.png
So glad you rescued the chickens. Someone did that up here, last year, before I was fully set up to take adult hens in. So sad.

Hello All!! I live like 40 miles south of KC. I have not gotten any chicks yet and am just learning the basics and trying to figure out what breeds to get as I want to a mixed flock. Any suggestions are appreciated
smile.png

Welcome cluckychick!!!
frow.gif
It is all a personal preference as to what kind of chickens to get. Do you want meat birds, egg birds, brown or white eggs or maybe some green and blue eggs?
idunno.gif
So many choices to make
gig.gif

laying hens and hubby says he wants brown eggs but no preference for me
smile.png
I just want pretty birds that lay them, lol

I want docile birds, not ones that are gonna attack me when I go collecting. As I said I'm really really new to this and not really sure what i'm getting into but willing and wanting chickens so am giving it my all
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom