Anyone from New Jersey?

Hey! I am currently in Chatsworth and was wondering if you could help me establish my new flock.

In Utah I had a very successful flock and it was wonderful, but we had to move and those girls are thriving and loved on by my neigbors...which is wonderful I just miss them.

I am hoping to start in the Spring.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Well welcome ...
Yes I'll be glad to help you...
I've really upgraded everything since my last post.... spent alot of money and time it my quails and blood lines. Be happy to help you get yours started.

We will hopefully be able to build a predator resistant coop that is large enough for the girls to range safely. We see hawks and other birds circling over the Pinelands constantly. I am not ready to lose any to them.

If you know anyone who sells hens about 6 months old... I am so fearful of the baby stage, we lost some once and it broke our hearts so badly. I would prefer a few different breeds, with different eggs.

Are you familiar with which hens would do best in this region?
We will get some Guinea Hens too as our alert birds when there is danger afoot.

I raise mostly quail since they are easier to work with and have more to offer than chickens ....
I have a few chickens but only recently started with it. An ordering more eggs this week could get you some if you like and you can pick up the young chickens when they are ready.

That is really kind of you to offer... but we genuinely don't have a date for our coop to be ready, I wouldn't want you to be put out with extra hens to feed and house.

I have to make a list of the hens I want this round and it sounds silly, but I love having one or two of each... and I am told I can only have 8 this time around. HAHAH! In Utah we had 12. Luckily, we have about an acre in the woodlands for them to eat their fill of ticks and other gross things....

Do I have anything to fear out in this area? Snakes? Or anything?
Between my dogs, cats and hens in Utah we surely kept the critters away and our neighbors dealt with much more than we did. The rattle snakes were strong this summer and we never saw them or black widows in our lots. It was great.

I only have issues with raccoons and foxes ...

ONLY, they say............
hmm.png

I'm Manalapan which is Monmouth County. We just lost our Maran chick from 3/14 shipment from MPC. I would love to find maran and olive eggers to add to our flock. Can't seem to find anyone around my area. Can anyone help?
We currently have Ameraucanas, Golden Wyandotte, Welsummers, SBEL, EE, Blue EE, and cream legbar. Looking to finish out my egg color pallet. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom