Anyone have Golden Pheasant mutations- Pics

Thanks Tony! Every where I have read in line said 21 to 22 days. How many eggs per hen do you normally get per laying season?

That's some bad inf:hmmnly peacock pheasants take 21-22 days.A hen will triple clutch if you keep pulling the eggs.A clutch is 6-12 eggs.Seems kinda of distant numbers ,but that's what they say.
In N.H.,Tony.

i have about 11 pens....one being males...and one that i dont use...and one that was for experiement...and i have gotten over 300 eggs...to date...on a spead sheet....some kinds are fertile of the bat and some take half the season to be fertile

So what I've been reading is that if you breed two peach goldens together you have a chance of getting peaches or splashes, so a peach pheasant crossed with a splash will still give you pure peaches an splashes and they won't be crosses?

I have a trio and a pair of red goldens that I got from someone else last fall. These are two offspring from those. Does someone know what I have here. I'm not sure of the history of these birds. The roosters seem to be colored properly, do I possibly have a hybrid hen in the mix. I'm not even sure which pen the eggs came from. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Right now I'm trying to figure out how I got them, and if I have a hybrid hen. I have also had a egg fertility issue with my pheasants. They started out fertile in the spring and I have not had a fertile egg since. I have three red golden roosters, three red golden hens, and a pair of lady amhearst. I have been thinking about selling all of them.

I have a trio and a pair of red goldens that I got from someone else last fall. These are two offspring from those. Does someone know what I have here. I'm not sure of the history of these birds. The roosters seem to be colored properly, do I possibly have a hybrid hen in the mix. I'm not even sure which pen the eggs came from. Any help would be appreciated.
they look like yellow goldens (males to be exact...the one in the far left is male for sure...the one on the bottom right might be female but would need a side view.....see if the birds you got...the older ones parents had a yellow golden in the back ground mating partners they will carry that gene but will only hatch out so many of the yellows and most of the birds will be reds....here are some pics

here are some yellow goldens

here is a male peach....this is what a peach golden should look like...if it doesnt look like this then it is not a peach...keep this in mind people....and peach offspring should be all white/creamish to start out and then the males get the color and the females turn more white...anything else is not a peach. period....some peach will turn to a splash and some splash will turn to a peach after molting keep this in mind.

red golden

lady amherst getting his colors

peach golden male and a young red golden hen....hope this helps...but the birds you are wondering about look like just yellow goldens...if you breed them if they are male and female you should get all yellow goldens...if you get something else with the hatch then you know something else is there in the genetics....there are also silver goldens...but you dont have them

So what I've been reading is that if you breed two peach goldens together you have a chance of getting peaches or splashes, so a peach pheasant crossed with a splash will still give you pure peaches an splashes and they won't be crosses?
no matter what when you breed peach together you will not get all peach...depending on how strong the line is you will get all sorts of stuff...i have seen cinnamon goldens, red goldens, peach and splash all come from the hatch from a peach set.....you really have to work on them to get a nice lasting peach

Back
Top Bottom