Anyone have Golden Pheasant mutations- Pics

Quote:
Therein lies the great rub. I too, of course love the different colorations or oddities but will always love the originals the best by far. Be it ducks, peacocks or whatever. All you can hope is that there are enough truebloods left in the wild or reliable breeders in cativity.We as humans always are trying to improve stuff and there sure isnt nothing wrong with that either. God only knows for sure or for others that dont believe that. Evolution only knows. Either way dont hurt your head too much with it. Nice pics everyone.

I'm just learning about pheasants at the moment, but can anyone tell me if these varieties are all naturally occurring mutations, selective breeding, or from hybrids?

They are all really beautiful. I'm partial to the splashes.
smile.png

Redmalesyoung.jpg

Young red golden males and one young hen on the right side.

I have over 250 photos in my golden file and these are the only 2 photos that show a young yellow golden male:

1yyellowtrio.jpg

Young trio of Yellow Goldens. Male is on the right.

1yellowmaleso.jpg

Young yellow male with 3 adult yellow males.

Hi,

I am looking for a genetics overview of the golden pheasant. Hope you can help me.

Cinnamon mutation: is it sexlinked? dominant? incomplete dominant? recessive?

Splash mutation: incomplete dominant (1 dose = splash, 2doses = white patterned)? Is it related to cinnamon?

What does a peach without the yellow mutation look like?

Would the silver and 2 doses of splash combined be all white?

How can the darkface mutation be recessive when crosslings of golden and amherst show darkface?

Thanks in advance.

How long do golden pheasant eggs take to hatch? I have one egg in the bator and we're in the middle of day 22 with no pip??

we keep peach, F1 red goldens, Flame goldens, red and peach spash, and yellow splash, ill try and get somepics also

flame goldens...interesting when you know a bit about them...especially when they are in canada only....however there are some people that have gotten them into the us....im interested in how they made the flame goldens...bc if someone posts pics of them they are nothing like the red golden

Back
Top Bottom