Anyone Here Good at Math? - Math and Medications

What would you say if I told you that the makers of Corid claim that 3.5 tablespoons of powder weigh 1 ounce (28.35 grams)?

-Kathy

If your going by my plastic tablespoon (Tb) then that would be accurate. I added approx. another 1/2 tablespoon to get to one ounce. Whereas the metal one measured 3 tablespoons at 1oz.

3.5 tablespoons of corn starch - scale set to ounces

3.5 tablespoons of corn starch - scale set to grams

Clear picture of gram reading

Clear picture of ounce reading

Spoons used

All items used

-Kathy

Mine too. Besides it's 5:38pm and dark so it's time for me to put the birds to bed and make dinner. If you have more to solve post it and I'll check it later tonight or in the morning.

Mine too. Besides it's 5:38pm and dark so it's time for me to put the birds to bed and make dinner. If you have more to solve post it and I'll check it later tonight or in the morning.
Okay... think maybe we can do the Corid powder next! I'll put together some info on it.

-Kathy

Maybe I'm just tired and not computing well. But I ran across this chart and based on what you measured I don't know what to think.

http://www.exploratorium.edu/cooking/convert/measurements.html

You measured 3.5 Tablespoons and got 1oz = 28g (approx.) which is correct by dry weight mass. But this chart (if you scroll down to Dry Measure Equivalent section it shows that it 1oz = 28g = 2 Tablespoons (1/8 cup).
hu.gif

Maybe I'm just tired and not computing well. But I ran across this chart and based on what you measured I don't know what to think.

http://www.exploratorium.edu/cooking/convert/measurements.html

You measured 3.5 Tablespoons and got 1oz = 28g (approx.) which is correct by dry weight mass. But this chart (if you scroll down to Dry Measure Equivalent section it shows that it 1oz = 28g = 2 Tablespoons (1/8 cup).
hu.gif
I think that chart is wrong, lol.

-Kathy

Here is the 0.012% mixing instructions for the Corid Powder.

Confirmed with the mfg that the 0.024% dose is 4.536 grams.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom