Anyone Here Good at Math? - Math and Medications

Here is the 0.012% mixing instructions for the Corid Powder.

Confirmed with the mfg that the 0.024% dose is 4.536 grams.

-Kathy

I have a package of the Corid powder 20%. It does say on the package: 1oz = 3-1/2 Tablespoons 1oz = 28.35g. I measured again with my plastic tablespoon and a half tablespoon and the Corid package is correct.
thumbsup.gif
. But my package does not give the teaspoon measurement per gallon as you have circled in your example all the instructions on my bag are in gallons, ounces, mg, g, and kg.

What would be interesting to know if the Duramycin measures the same. I do not have a package to check for myself. But if there is a way to find out for sure so that correct per tablespoon measurements can be given to help the forum. If the Duramycin weighs the same as the Corid then the per tablespoon measurement on the Duramycin should/could be 400mg dose = 7/8 Tbls (0.25oz) and 800mg dose = 1-3/4 Tbls (0.5oz) per gallon of water. Still blows my mind that the Duramycin is so wrong.
roll.png

I do have some of the Duramycin powder and have weighed it. The feed store I shop at had open packs of Duramycin and Corid and let me have a little of both so I could do my experiments.

-Kathy

Did you all know that people used to think that the Corid Powder dose was 1/2 teaspoon per gallon?

-Kathy

Last edited:
One tablespoon of the Duramycin powder weighs about 10 grams.

-Kathy
Well then, it's beginning to make better sense now. If 10g = 1 Tbls then it fits with your post #50 with a 550mg solution and in between my theory in my post #71. So the directions could read as follows. Figuring that 10g = .35oz.

400mg dose = 2 tsp (.25oz) per gallon of water
550mg dose = 1 Tbls (.35oz) per gallon of water
800mg dose = 1 Tbls + 2 tsp (.50oz) per gallon of water

I am in no way saying this is correct. But it seems more likely. If it turns out that this is correct I think people have been seriously under dosing if measuring with tsp/tbls or over dosing if weighing in ounces.

There are some questions and answers here: http://www.barnworld.com/cattle-guards/duramycin-10-6-4-oz/

One of the questions is:
"QUESTION: what is the proper dose for chickens per gallon of water?
ANSWER: 1-2 tsp. per gallon of water."

another question similar answer:
"QUESTION: How much duramacin-10 do I give my 2 week chicks per gallon?
ANSWER: 2 tsp. per gallon."

and this one for waterfowl:
"QUESTION: How much Duramycin-10 per gallon of drinking water for 3 ducklings they are 4 weeks old.
ANSWER: Maybe 1/2-1 tsp. per gallon. You don't want to give waterfowl the recommended dose that you would for other poultry because they consume so much more water than other birds."

What are your thoughts/opinions?

Sigh.... People talk about how much ducks drink, but they don't actually drink that much. These same people claim that medicated feed shouldn't be fed to ducks... And think about it, how much does a sick duck or chicken drink? I know that when mine are sick that I have to tube fluids to them. Those sorts of comments drive me crazy!

-Kathy

Last edited:
Okay, so back to the Duramycin 10 powder I have weighed it and people have counted out the number of tablespoons per bag (18). I have also calculated that one gram of the powder contains 55mg. Ten grams per tablespoon = 550mg, so one teaspoon = 183mg.

The 800mg dose is ~1.45 tablespoons.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom