Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

Oh no! I'm sorry you know THAT pain!
1f61e.png
My neighbors didn't even apologize. I seriously HATE them! Never met the wife but I know ALL too much about him. He's a horrible person. Not only a bad animal owner but he's having an affair. How do I know? I know his mistresses daughter. Ugh! He also called her yelling that we were gonna have his dogs put down.
1f611.png
First off, his dogs came into my yard and killed two chickens. I sell eggs. Second, the sheriff told him to keep his dogs up or they'd be picked up and he'd get a ticket. I didn't want to start a fight with someone we'd have to live buy so I chose to ask the sheriff to just give him a warning ... For now. Third, our others had chickens and the same dogs killed ALL of them ( I didn't find this out until later). I am beyond livid. I hope he never needs help from me again( I've had to get some of HIS livestock off the road before) bc he ain't getting it. And I see those dogs running around I'm calling animal control and the sheriff. It's against the law to let your animals run loose. Why are people so inconsiderate and just flat out mean?!?! My family wonders why I don't leave the house and try to interact with people (Internet friends excluded) as little as possible.
Yeah I do. Last month a neighbors dog killed one of my hens and they paid me for the loss. On Sunday while I was at church our dog killed my favorite hen. So I ordered more last night and hopefully they get here by Friday.

I would leave now if I wouldn't then have to find ways to entertain myself in a city I don't know. Lol! I think I'm gonna leave at 10. By the time I get there it'll be lunch time. Find food and then go wait for them to open back up and get my babies!!!!!!! I am ridiculously nervous! I'm so scared I'm gonna get there and them tell me they don't have my order or they never got it in the first place or something else stupid. *Note my debit card has already been charged for it and everything. Smh.... I'm a crazy lady.

A couple weeks ago my all time favorite hen was killed by my STUPID neighbors dogs! Note our entire property is fenced off. They dug in. Anyways...I was sad (still am) so my hubby wanted to cheer me up. Well, I've been wanting silkies so he bought them, and two ducklings, for me.
1f498.png
My poor husband. I wish him luck in getting me to ever take them outside.

Ok....I need to just stop rattling on.
1f606.png
Sorry....but I know you know my pain.

How exciting!! Drive safe and good luck with your new babies!!

I'm so worried. I've been watching the weather and it looks like it will be at or below zero when my chicks are due to ship. Please tell me some uplifting stories of receiving healthy chicks in freezing conditions!!! :(

Im waiting for my first batch of 9 chicks (hoping to add 1 to my order tomorrow for an even 10). Pick up date is the very end of March from Meyer Hatchery. I ordered back in November so the wait has been killing me. Ive got my coop/ run plans & supply list ready and starting to gather supplies for the brooder & first aid kit to pass the time.

Ive been non-stop reading about chickens. Im so ready!

Im waiting for my first batch of 9 chicks (hoping to add 1 to my order tomorrow for an even 10).  Pick up date is the very end of March from Meyer Hatchery.  I ordered back in November so the wait has been killing me.  Ive got my coop/ run plans & supply list ready and starting to gather supplies for the brooder & first aid kit to pass the time.

Ive been non-stop reading about chickens.  Im so ready!

You sound like me I order back in November also , I'm getting ten chicks hatch date is April 6....the waiting is torture ! I already have brooders and supplies and the first aid kit . There is not a lot left for me to do to pass the time, just sit and look at everyone else's baby pics.

You sound like me I order back in November also , I'm getting ten chicks hatch date is April 6....the waiting is torture ! I already have brooders and supplies and the first aid kit . There is not a lot left for me to do to pass the time, just sit and look at everyone else's baby pics.
Arent the baby pics torture?! Theyre making me want to run out and find chicks now! Hahaha and I thought I was early gathering supplies.

What kind did you order and from where?

Last edited:
I am going nuts. My order of 25 salmon faverolles shipped today. I'm really hoping they will be here tomorrow. The haters is roughly 10 to 12 hours from me. It's suppose to be really cold tomorrow and snowy. I'm praying they will be here tomorrow the more I think about it the more I stress.

How exciting!! Drive safe and good luck with your new babies!!

Thank you! Everything went great! It was so easy. I was so worried something was gonna go wrong. Found it okay. Didn't have to wait but a few minutes. Babies are ADORABLE!!!!!! All but 3 are named...I'm gonna have to get leg bands for them bc I can't tell them apart and I'm usually really good at that sort of thing.

Looks like in the Silkie department I got 3 white, 1 black, 1 buff, and 1 partridge.

With the blue Swedish it looks like I'll have 1 black and 1 gray.

Names silkies:
Black - Minecraft (my nephew named it)
Partridge - Kotetsu (me and my hubby named it)
Buff- Totoro (daughter)

Ducks:
Gray - Tiana (cousin. Wish I got to name my own pets)
Black - Kanye (sister named her after Kanye West... Bc this duckling needs to learn when to SIT DOWN! She was trying to break out of the box. Lol)

Back
Top Bottom