Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

Oh, no......I was checking my order status all day today to see when my chicks would started their trip to my home. I received a 3pm phone call stating 2 of my 6 breeds of chicks had a problem with the hatch. Of course it was the 2 that I wanted the most! Oh no!! but on the bright side the new ship date is end of March when it should be warmer and I already have off work for my kids spring break. I packed back up my brooder and now have to wAit longer.....boo
:hit

I was thinking about ordering chicks from ideal and I looked on their site and found out that one of the breeds that I wanted the most was sold out until 2016! How can a hatchery be out of chicks FOR A WHOLE YEAR??? If somebody knows this I would like to know. I understand they have no control over wether a hatch is successful or not. Thanks for your time. :)

I was thinking about ordering chicks from ideal and I looked on their site and found out that one of the breeds that I wanted the most was sold out until 2016! How can a hatchery be out of chicks FOR A WHOLE YEAR??? If somebody knows this I would like to know. I understand they have no control over wether a hatch is successful or not. Thanks for your time. :)

That means that people have pre ordered them for the year. I'm not sure if they are like my pet chicken but on Mondays my pet chicken has left overs available and thats how you can get sold out chickens.

If you really want them, place your order for them and choose the soonest shipping date. When I placed my order with Ideal, all of the breeds I really wanted were sold out for the year (cuckoo Marans, EEs and Chenteclers, the only breed I got that were listed as available were my Anconas). They sent me an email after a couple of days and said my hatch day would be Feb 18th, if I'm remembering correctly. Then I got a call a few days after that, they asked if they could move me up the list. My hatch day ended up being moved to Jan 28th.
I think they list those most popular breeds as sold out so they can cover their own behinds.

What are you trying to order?

Last edited:
If you really want them, place your order for them and choose the soonest shipping date. When I placed my order with Ideal, all of the breeds I really wanted were sold out for the year (cuckoo Marans, EEs and Chenteclers, the only breed I got that were listed as available were my Anconas). They sent me an email after a couple of days and said my hatch day would be Feb 18th, if I'm remembering correctly. Then I got a call a few days after that, they asked if they could move me up the list. My hatch day ended up being moved to Jan 28th.
I think they list those most popular breeds as sold out so they can cover their own behinds.

What are you trying to order?

I was hoping to order an Apenzeller Spizhauben roo to protect my hens, along with some other bantams (who weren't sold out). I know any rooster wouldn't be able do a whole lot against anything. I just wanted something to give them a warning to run for cover and I heard Spizhaubens usually weren't people aggressive. Thanks for your help I was wondering how that could possibly happen. I'll be sure to check on Monday! Thanks so much! :)

Last summer I got 6 chicks from a state fair but had to get rid of one because he was a rooster.

But I love having my chickens!
I ordered another 6:
1 olive egger
1 Easter egger
1 barred Plymouth Rock
1 buff Orpington
1 silver laced Wyandotte
1 golden laced Wyandotte

They aren't coming until the first week in June so I am going to be waiting quite a while.

I am feeling the same as you all! The farm store where we get our chicks will (hopefully) be getting the breeds that I want on March 6! We can't wait for our new fuzzy butts to arrive.
1 Buff Orpington
1 Barred Rock
2 Ameracauna
1 Silver Laced Wayondette
1 random breed
:weee

I like ideal. I ordered last month and and I lost 6 in shipping and they sent replacements with a bunch of EEs as peanuts. This month I ordered the surprise on sale and the post office messed up and delivered them late so they were all dead. They were very nice on the phone and are sending replacements. I wish the post office would treat them as live animals and not like a regular package.

Nj2wv that's about the saddest thing I've ever heard!! I'm so sorry for chicks! And you, of course. Hope it all works out well. I don't know how a person can NOT treat these little animals like the living thing. How does a person think "Gee, live chicks, I think I'll wait all day to deliver then."?

It was sad. I had their brooder all ready too. The postal worker said they were probably left on the back of the truck. The replacements are leaving today so I hope they bring them inside and not leave them in the truck. I also ordered a special assortment from my healthy that is to ship today also.

Back
Top Bottom