Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

Congratulations to all the newly arrived chicks, all the pictures are great. Ours are getting so big, almost 3 weeks old now. I am amazed at just how quickly they groww and how much I already am looking forward to getting more! Will post more picture Friday.

Here's my D'uccle from TSC. =D I think she's a mille fleur. So cute. She's only a week old and has feathers on the feet.

Thank you for the info. I'm going to get 10 or 15 Cornish Xs from TSC tomorrow. I'll just put them in with the others so they can eat the normal feed.

This is just incredibly adorable. I need to stop looking at these pictures or I'm going to have 98 chicks delivered in April instead of the 16 in my original order.

A couple of my chicks seem noticably less active and sleep a lot more than the others. I don't think I would think much of it but I noticed they are the same chicks who looked like they werent going to make it when I first got them. Is there anything I can/ should do for them to help them get going?

All my chicks are getting water with Life Lyte tabs (electralyte/vitamin supplement) in the water. I did pick these chicks up and give them some with a dropper this evening and they drank it -but they also struggled to get away from me with more vigor than when they were 'sick chicks' upon arrival this morning. They walk around a little, and then just plop down and sleep. I see them peck at this and that, but they just don't seem to be eating, drinking, and running around like the others.

Normal variation in behavior, or are they just weaker? Anything I can do?

Then I have one really thirsty chick. Every time I see here she is drinking. Good for her.

Last edited:
In my very limited experiences, I've won some of those and lost some. The hatchery suggested honey, so I did give them some and then I just went ahead and put some in their waterer, too. One that had worried me sick all day yesterday because she was lethargic and didn't seem to be very active is doing great today. On the flip side, I just lost one earlier that had been looking just fine all 2 days, and wouldn't wake up after I came back from eating dinner. Don't overdo it I guess would be my best advice. Get her to drink to make sure she can swallow okay and try a little honey (but be careful because it can get really messy really quick!) then the hardest part - know that they have to rest, too and that could be the best thing for her. You just don't always know :(

Last edited:
I'm so glad I'm not the only one DYING for my new babies. This is my first time, so I'm only getting 5 (and they aren't shipped, just picking them up from the feed store.... I honestly didn't even know that was a thing till I joined this site, haha). I'm only getting 5, but it's 5 different breeds too!
a Amercauna
a Buff Orpington
a silver laced wyandotte
a jersey black giant
and a welsumer!

SOOOOOOO excited, just got my brooder all setup, Friday can't come soon enough!

Back
Top Bottom