Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

I'm sorry, I wish they weren't so fragile.

I may be losing one of my 4 chicks, and I picked them up at a local feed store so no shipping involved...to me anyway, they did get shipped to the feed store. My kids are going to be heartbroken :(

So sad to loose the babies, Miracle didn't make it and so far 3 more have died. I hope everyone else does okay. I'm hovering over them, checking to see if anyone isn't eating, drinking and pooping but it seems I can't stop the process. I can tell the ones doing poorly as their little crops are empty and they are just sleeping and not acting like chickens. Ug. I've never had problems like this, this is my third year ordering chickens and the first time I've lost ANY from shipment. I will wait another 24 hours to notify the hatchery as they have a 48 hour guarantee. At this point I've lost half my order with these chicks!!!! :(
I'm sorry about Miracle and everyone else... =( If it makes you feel any better half my bunch are always sleeping, but they get up and go eat once in a while. So, they may turn around soon... Have you tried giving them electrolytes? it definitely helped mine a little... and I crushed the food, i mean the crumbles were too big for their tiny beaks! =(

Also, I had to clean the butts of 4-5 fluffies now. They keep getting poop dried up in their butts. =P
I hope the remaining half make it! <3 Good Luck!

I'm sorry, I wish they weren't so fragile.

I may be losing one of my 4 chicks, and I picked them up at a local feed store so no shipping involved...to me anyway, they did get shipped to the feed store. My kids are going to be heartbroken
sad.png
=/ replace that one with another chick that looks just like that before your kids see a dead one?
hide.gif

I did sit the kids down today and tell them she is not doing well and may not make it. They were sad, but at this age, 6, 6, 6 and 4, most of them think in terms of "but we'll get another one" instead of really feeling loss. Today is day 3 of her not doing so great, we shall see.

x2

or depending on age of children it can be a teaching time to learn about life and that it does actually end sometimes.
True! I don't have kids yet, so I have no idea when or how they need to be taught... =) I learnt the hard way, my first experience was my grand'ma ='( I still haven't gotten over it.

Back
Top Bottom