Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

My FIRST batch of chicks ship on the 17th.... Eeeee!!!
wee.gif

I'm sooo very excited but extremely nervous at the same time! I've read more about chicks in the past 3 months than I thought possible. I've got my brooder boxes made, EcoGlow is on the way, going to get bedding/feed today.... I'm going to be that crazy chicken lady! I already know! My BF just laughs at me... doesn't understand how someone can be so excited for chickens! He obviously hasn't met any of you!!

I've got 2 Buff Orps, 2 EEs, 1 Jersey Giant and 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte coming, along with 9 Cornish X... I figured if I'm going to do this, why not jump in head first, huh?? Give it all a shot at once! Oiy... I'm not a patient person! The 18th can't get here soon enough!

Got my chicks! I sent an email this morning about them, and about 15 minutes later I got a call from the post office.

My two black d'Anvers were nearly dead, but I somehow managed to revive them. One had a couple chicks standing on top of it in a corner, the other wedged itself in a hole made into the plastic bedding stuff used to fill in the extra space because of the small order in another corner.

Two red silkies.

Two blue silkies (this one is insanely fluffy).

And two chocolate (dun, actually) old english games.

And, of course, 7 of these red guys added for warmth.

Yes! We are waiting, very impatiently, for our baby chick arrival!

2 weeks, 1 day til we get our chicks!!!
yippiechickie.gif

My FIRST batch of chicks ship on the 17th.... Eeeee!!! :weee

I'm sooo very excited but extremely nervous at the same time! I've read more about chicks in the past 3 months than I thought possible. I've got my brooder boxes made, EcoGlow is on the way, going to get bedding/feed today.... I'm going to be that crazy chicken lady! I already know! My BF just laughs at me... doesn't understand how someone can be so excited for chickens! He obviously hasn't met any of you!!

I've got 2 Buff Orps, 2 EEs, 1 Jersey Giant and 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte coming, along with 9 Cornish X... I figured if I'm going to do this, why not jump in head first, huh?? Give it all a shot at once! Oiy... I'm not a patient person! The 18th can't get here soon enough!

I hear ya! I got my Eco glo brooder last fall for my April chicks, and now getting cardboard boxes from work to make one big brooder!! Exciting and nerve-wracking!!

We're so impatient waiting for our April 7th run to get here we ordered 25 more arriving next week! We're so stupid!!!!!!!!!

Not sure what you mean...Sorry...The answer is probably "too many", but I want to make sure. :)
You mentioned you ordered 25 more chickens and you were crazy,,,,, just wondering how big the original flock is? By your list of kinds you have. too many is probably correct lol, However.... can you really have too many?

Last edited:
I have 30 coming from Cackle next week!
fl.gif
They were supposed to be shipped the last week of Feb. but my order was pushed forward to the 9th of March. It was probably for the best, with the weather we've been having!

Back
Top Bottom