Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

Yes we did! Luckily we have two great ones to choose from and do not have to ship! Now I am up late watching them moving their box.. Hoping they stay warm enough in our fully heated home.. On the coast so it's like 50 outside ha!!!! First time mom, I guess!!! I think they are much more hardy than I think!

M
Yes we did! Luckily we have two great ones to choose from and do not have to ship! Now I am up late watching them moving their box.. Hoping they stay warm enough in our fully heated home.. On the coast so it's like 50 outside ha!!!! First time mom, I guess!!! I think they are much more hardy than I think!
make sure you have a heat lamp. They need 95 degree heat

My FIRST batch of chicks ship on the 17th.... Eeeee!!! :weee

I'm sooo very excited but extremely nervous at the same time! I've read more about chicks in the past 3 months than I thought possible. I've got my brooder boxes made, EcoGlow is on the way, going to get bedding/feed today.... I'm going to be that crazy chicken lady! I already know! My BF just laughs at me... doesn't understand how someone can be so excited for chickens! He obviously hasn't met any of you!!

I've got 2 Buff Orps, 2 EEs, 1 Jersey Giant and 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte coming, along with 9 Cornish X... I figured if I'm going to do this, why not jump in head first, huh?? Give it all a shot at once! Oiy... I'm not a patient person! The 18th can't get here soon enough!

That's a wonderful assortment if breeds!

Just a few weeks til my baby girlies arrive. Has anyone used KOOP CLEAN in their brooder? Any plus or minuses to using it? My hubby is NOT happy that the bitties will be in the house. He was told the smell awful! Well, I'm not sitting in the garage all day long to hang out with the girls, so I need ideas on how to keep the stink down. Thank you. By the way, LOVE the pics of all your little chicks. Makes it easier to wait dreaming about those fluffy butts.

I can't get it where I live, I can order it on line, but don't want to pay the shipping!

I have had my babies in my basement, TV room for 3 weeks... no smell with pine shavings. However, just today, their poop did start to smell stronger. (Coop is clean) But, their poop is getting smellier the older they get. Come on feathers, and come on Spring!

Just my 2 cents!

PDZ keeps the ammonia odor down real good. I spread a handful of it on the bottom of the Serama cages and then put pine shavings on top of that. As long as I keep the pine shavings changed out frequently, there is minimal smell from the 20+ Seramas I have in the house.

You can also get a wax melt unit. Put it between where the chicks are and the rest of the house. You don't smell anything BUT the wax melts.

We got our first two chicks ever today! They are under their light and doing great... They are barred rocks... And well, chicks are cute!!!

I am new... Yes... But their little yellow bottoms are precious!

Congrats! Raising chicks is so fun, if sometimes a little stinky. :)

Back
Top Bottom