Anyone in WV???

Finally a person close to me LOL! Im in Grayson Ky about 25 minutes away from Huntington.
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
Hi fellow Mountaineers! I am from Lenox -20 miles from Morgantown . We have an old time general store/gas station and a community building in our very small hamlet.

i have 11 hens and 1 roo. have raised 75 cornish X in the last year.

we, too , have a coyote problem close to our house- DH is planning on a coyote hunt later this winter. Hope he gets a few of the closest ones. they keep our dog barking all night with their howling.

Have a great day!

I live in Berkeley Springs.

I have: 8 Buff Orpingtons, 12 Partridge Rocks, 4 Light Brahmas, 4 Bantam Light Brahmas, 5 Bantam Dark Brahmas, 3 California Whites, 14 Silver Laced Wyandottes, 6 Blue Silkies, and 7 White Silkies.

And a few too many roos!
big_smile.png

Hi everybody! As you can see I'm not in WV but we sure want to be. I have a sister and niece in Morgantown. My sister is an RN and my niece just graduated last May to become Physician's Assistant. I was fortunate enough to be there to see her graduate! I love WV, the people are all soo nice and friendly. Since then I returned home and convinced the family that is where we need to be! I cannot believe the home prices down there, at least we can hope to afford a home there someday! We were hoping to move this fall but with the rotten economy it probably wont be til 2010. We will probably have to rent for awhile before we can own. Want to live on the outer parts cause we have soo many animals and our flock of chickens. If anyone has any valuable info on areas to check into and any areas where you don't have to travel for work please stay in touch and let me know, I'd appreciate it. Internet is great but would love to hear more from my fellow BYC members. My husband works as a construction laborer, and my son and I work at a dry cleaner, it's a drop off shop then clothes go to main plant, so we are just doing heavy customer service and ticketing clothes before they leave the store. We are looking for a 2-3 bedroom house with at least a couple of acres to rent, rent-to-own. We currently rent a 3 bedroom house up here for 1,000/month which is real cheap in this area, houses go for way more than that. Again, hello to all WV BYC members know there is someone out there who longs to join ya all.
D.gif
:ya

Gordy123 - Hi from WV! We are about 1 hr. So. of Morgantown - and are WVU alumn's. LOTS of houses/property available, and prices are coming down some (although they are still high in our area). Good luck, and hope you find something soon!
smile.png

I just joined. I'm in the central part of the state about 80 mile north of Charleston. About the same from Morgantown I've got a daughter in college there. I grew up a flatlander but I'm a true transplant I can't imagine being anywhere else. beauty is all around you. ( only about 18 miles from buckhannon.)

Back
Top Bottom