Anyone know what this animal is???????

Its a ground hog. We had them in NY. They lived under our woodshed and had babies every 2-3 years. We absolutely loved them. We would feed them and film them all the time. They even once got into the wood shed and got the bird seed and the day old bread that we bought for the birds. They had a smorgasbord on our back lawn.

They don't pose any danger to your chickens at all. Sometimes the postings on this forum can get really disturbing. We don't have to KILL every living creature that comes onto our property. And yes, I'm a tree hugger.

Laurie

a whistle pig is a marmot from where i come from! lol its funny how different cultures are ffrom state to state.
smile.png

ahhhhhhhh yes, forgot the southeastern US has a diff lingo also
smile.png
Half my family is from the south west, the rest are from Alabama, s.

Last edited:
Quote:
lol scratch that

maybe you should catch him and go about like 5 or 10 or how many miles up the road and release him

Scatch those^. A .308 will do the trick!

Quote:
lol scratch that

maybe you should catch him and go about like 5 or 10 or how many miles up the road and release him

I should have started with chickens long ago, still can't justify using anything over a .22.

Quote:

I should have started with chickens long ago, still can't justify using anything over a .22.

reason I have the .270 is because I don't get the same range and accuracy with a .22 long like I do .270.... plus that gun is a nail tacker.

Quote:

reason I have the .270 is because I don't get the same range and accuracy with a .22 long like I do .270.... plus that gun is a nail tacker.

Woot!..no more hammer swinging!

Back
Top Bottom