Anyone order from Farwest hatchery out of Oregon??

Update: Their website claims that they plan to reopen for the 2014 season.
I am so glad I found this thread I was considering ordering from them.
If they do "open" for 2014, all I can say to anyone considering Farwest is...

RUN as fast as you can in the opposite direction from these people!!!!

I imagine they owe in the five figures to people who in good faith paid them for birds that were never hatched (or never intended to hatch). That's $$,$$$.00.

There are so many local breeders with lovely birds here. Please save yourself the trouble and heartache by taking the time to search us out on facebook, etc. As always, ask around, watch peoples' fb posts for a while to get a "feel" of their attitudes and philosophies, actually talk to the breeders and ask for photos of birds, etc. before you buy.
Some FB groups:

Oregon Fall Poultry Swap - Corvallis Fairgrounds
Oregon Spring Poultry Swap - Canby, OR
Oregon Summer Poultry Swap "Brownsville Chickenstock"
Pacific Northwest Chicken/Poultry Keeping
Backyard Chickens Pacific Northwest

I have not ordered chicks from Farwest Hatchery, but I have been trying to deal with the owner, Terry, for over a year as he owes me a substantial amount of money for wholesale product.
Extremely poor communication - will not return phone calls. Very difficult to deal with when all you get is an answering machine. I would be wary of purchasing from this company............

I have not ordered chicks from Farwest Hatchery, but I have been trying to deal with the owner, Terry, for over a year as he owes me a substantial amount of money for wholesale product.
Extremely poor communication - will not return phone calls. Very difficult to deal with when all you get is an answering machine. I would be wary of purchasing from this company............
He is long gone. The property has been sold to some nice folks having to deal with the backlash of this unscrupulous person.

FARWEST HATCHERY- Attention Terry,

PLEASE call me "Rebecca" back at 541-331-6186. Your number did NOT come up on my cell phone and the number for your business 503-266-2566 says it is NOT in service. I also can not access your website for any information, it just shows a boy on the page with a quote but it will not allow you to open any other pages for information about your company.

I located the order form that I filled out and placed over the phone to Jan back on 2-05-13 for 25 chicks @ $ 75.40, my Credit Card shows a debit of only 49.20 for the same day which is strange! Because I ordered 25 chicks, which I also stated on this website dated 2-5-13 under "prairiewind" newegg page 2. My credit card does NOT show a credit of $49.20 so if you have
documentation to show a credit back to my CC company I would like a copy.

Thankyou for trying to straighten this all out!

Rebecca H.

FARWEST HATCHERY- Attention Terry,

PLEASE call me "Rebecca" back at 541-331-6186. Your number did NOT come up on my cell phone and the number  for your business 503-266-2566 says it is NOT in service. I also can not access your website for any information, it just shows a boy on the page with a quote but it will not allow you to open any other pages for information about your company.

I located the order form that I filled out and placed over the phone to Jan back on 2-05-13 for 25 chicks @ $ 75.40,  my Credit Card shows a debit of only 49.20 for the same day which is strange! Because I ordered 25 chicks, which I also stated on this website dated 2-5-13 under "prairiewind" newegg page 2.   My credit card does NOT show a credit of $49.20 so if you have
documentation to show a credit back to my CC company I would like a copy.

Thankyou for trying to straighten this all out!

Rebecca H.

Umm.. they are out of business scammed tons of people and sold the farm. Get your money back from your cc NOW.

I recieved a phone call from the owner on Sunday and was trying to call him back on the information for the order I made last year so I could finally get my refund. However the number he called on did not show up on my cell and the number for the company listed on the internet is NO LONGER IN SERVICE and their webpage has no way to contact the company..????? WIERD... So I thought since he read my comment on this website, he might read it again and call me back.... Just a thought...

I recieved a phone call from the owner on Sunday and was trying to call him back on the information for the order I made last year so I could finally get my refund. However the number he called on did not show up on my cell and the number for the company listed on the internet is NO LONGER IN SERVICE and their webpage has no way to contact the company..?????    WIERD...   So I thought since he read my comment on this website, he might read it again and call me back.... Just a thought...

Good luck!

I drive by Farwest (on Portland Rd just north of Salem) few times a week and it is a hatchery and it's definitely not closed. If there really is a new owner he/she should change the name.

Back
Top Bottom