Anyone Setting eggs on 4/10/12??? Want to hatch with me?

Just keep hanging in there.

We did a hatch many years ago. During the hatch we lost power for 4 days. The incubator dropped to the 70's while I was trying to figure out how to heat it again. I ended up venting heat from the oven into the bator to heat it. This was a very inexact science. The temp went up to 120 or so at one point because I couldn't control the heat. Once the power went on I just left them until hatch day just in case. To my surprise we had a few hatch. I still call it a success because we had a few hatch even with all the bad that happened.

okay, that makes me feel a little better. Thx :D

8 more days guys untill hatch! i cant wait! i already have heads bodys leggs and a tail visible! i believe i have 15/ 22 original in the bator 13 out of 15 have the body head and legs the other two i dont want to throw out yet but i am pleased with the ratio

Out of 12, I removed 3 quitters, and I have 3 that are iffy, but 6 look good. Hard to tell for sure
idunno.gif
since I have a cobbled-together candler and brown eggs, but still... if I finally
fl.gif
get a successful hatch out of my homemade incubator, I'll be tickled!
wee.gif

Well, I threw one away that was for sure dead. i have 10 that are for sure alive, and 3 that may or may not be alive. So it looks like The temperature didn't cause much of a problem.

Oh my gosh! I forget how close They are getting. I was hoping to build a hatcher out of a fish tank and use it for this hatch, but i haven't even started yet. I guess I'll still try to get it done in time but probably won't get to use it this time around....

Oh my gosh! I forget how close They are getting.
Same here! I realized yesterday that I have lockdown this Friday and the first few early birds - or, really, most of them probably - on Sunday which is day 20. Even when I adjust my temps down, I still always have the majority hatch on day 20, so I've just come to plan for it.

I still have the Easter chicks, now 2+ weeks old, in the bathroom big brooder. I think I'll put these in a large plastic tub for their first week and move the Easter chicks outside at 4 weeks old, a week earlier than usual, to make room for the little ones to move up. It's been so unseasonally warm this year that I think the 4 week olds will be fine outside.

Same here! I realized yesterday that I have lockdown this Friday and the first few early birds - or, really, most of them probably - on Sunday which is day 20. Even when I adjust my temps down, I still always have the majority hatch on day 20, so I've just come to plan for it.

I still have the Easter chicks, now 2+ weeks old, in the bathroom big brooder. I think I'll put these in a large plastic tub for their first week and move the Easter chicks outside at 4 weeks old, a week earlier than usual, to make room for the little ones to move up. It's been so unseasonally warm this year that I think the 4 week olds will be fine outside.

Yeah, I'm kinda wondering what I'm going to do when my chicks hatch. I've got 2 ducklings and 3 chicks that are going to be about 4 1/2 weeks old. I might put them in with them and see how it goes. If it doesn't go well, I'll probably have to buy another light and put them outside with it. I've been putting them outside during the day for about a week now. They are in a dog house it is an enclosed area that shouldn't get cold if I have a light in there. I'll see....

ID PUT UP A SECTION OF WIRE IN YOUR COOP TO CUT PART OF IT OFF AND PUT THE OLDER ONES IN THERE. I JUST MOVED MY 2 WEEK OLDS INTO THE LARGER COOP IN A BROODER SECTION JUST KEEP THEM IN THERE UNTILL THEY ARE OLD ENOUGH. BROODER LIGHTS ARNT REALLY NEEDED UNLESS IT GOES WAY BELOW ZERO. LIKE I SAID I PUT MINE IN JUST RECENTLY SO MY HENS GET USED TO THEM AND THEY HAVE PLETY OF ROOM TO FLUTTER AROUND IN, BUT IT GOT AROUNG 33 LAST NIGHT AND WHEN I WENT OVER THERE NO DEAD BODIES AND I DIDNT PUT IN A HEAT LAMP BECAUSE THE BARN HAS NO ELECTRICITY OR HAS A VERY LOW VOLTAGE (REALLY OLD BARN BUT HEY ALREADY HAD A COOP BUILT SO WE USED IT!
lol.png
AND THE OLDER BIRDS ARE MAKING A COOING SOUND THAT SOUNDS LIKE A BIRD OF PREY BUT ITS COOING!
wee.gif

MY BIEDS ARE CRAZY! JUSST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THEM SEPERATED OR YOU WILL HAVE BODIES.....................

Oh great. Lockdown is this Friday and I just figured out we are going out of town this weekend. I guess I just put them into lockdown then, and make sure I'm back by hatch day. Well, I guess that makes sure that I don't bother them. Maybe I'll even see some chicks or pips when I get back probably Sunday night (Sunday is day 20).

Back
Top Bottom