Anyone still have their Christmas tree up?

OK, OK, we do!!! Ours is live, too. We always leave ours up and outside lights on til a week after New Years...uh, then we sorta haven't had time since...outside lights are off but still up as well as most of our other decs...we justify this by saying, well, Ok, some people put their stuff up before Thanksgiving! And we didn't put our tree up til the 17th of December. And, it IS still technically the Christmas season..for a while longer, anyway.

Funny you should ask....mine just came down today and the kids did it not me! In my defense, I have been feeling very sick lately. How sweet are my babies though?? So sweet!

Gosh no!! The clutter gets to me after awhile. It's good to get back to my "normal"! Mine came down a couple of days after Christmas.

I still have an artifical skinny one up in my LR with just lights on it...Brightens up snowy (today) cold winter days in Jan.!!!...Real one just came down last Wed. and was still very fresh ..gosh durn....

roll.png
I must confess that I still have one tree up in our foyer. We put up 3 three trees. The one in our piano room is a med size prelite tree we decorate w/ angels and music theme decorations. It finally came down last week. The one in our family room is our hodge podge tree of any and every ornament we have ever collected, even some from when I was a child.......it just came down a few days after the other one. I still have the prelite one up in the foyer. It's my nature theme one. It has a wild grape vine for the trim, bunches of dried herbs, ornaments that is made of natural items, birds, of course chickens, etc. I kind of like looking at it, but it will come down any day now.

Mine is up. I just like it and it hasn't dried out yet, so I leave it. This is the longest we have ever left it up.

I did put all the other decorations away. I find un-decorating the tree a so difficult though. It has all these child-made ornaments from years past, and I hate to put them away for another year.

Well, we can't justify taking ours down because it's still looking pretty good. Frazier Firs are the best. Plus, we really like the lights and coziness of it on these dark, cold New England nights.

I must agree though, that it will be NICE to have that space back once it's gone.

we have a mini 3ft tree up and its on one of our cabnits and its still lit and everything just like christmas eve lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
We took the tree down on Jan 8. We leave it up through Jan 6 for Epiphany and Jan 7 because our son was born in Russia and that is the day Russian Orthdox Christmas is celebrated.
We finished taking everything else down today since we are home for a snow day. Well, DH still has a wreath on the grill of his truck and we still have a wreath on the front door that will stay for a while yet.
My snowman collection will stay out for another month. Then I will start craving spring and be sick of looking at it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom