Anything Art :)

Thank you muchly :D Got any suggestions? Printing is the biggest thing that’s kept me from opening an Etsy shop and trying to sell my work in prints/cards.
Hmm. What I might do for the first few months is just take special orders. You know, show them what you have and then let the public tell you what they want. You shouldn't have to sell a whole bunch of cards unless it's for graduation.
I like the cardstock that I got from Dick Blick. It's a little rough in texture, but it's sturdy. You can also get cardstock from Wally Worl.
If you think you can do bigger things, you can try making signs and stuff. Those are really popular right now. To do those, you might have to figure out how to use an airbrush and make some kind of background. Doesn't have to be detailed, just some kind of pattern. Maybe some flowery stencils.
Speaking of stencils, you can also make and sell those, if you get bold enough.
Stencils are also used in screen printing. You could make pillows and t-shirts, too.

Thank you muchly :D Got any suggestions? Printing is the biggest thing that’s kept me from opening an Etsy shop and trying to sell my work in prints/cards.
I know this wasn't my conversation, but...
You should look into different websites that let you put the pictures up, then they do the rest.
For example, on DeviantArt you can put your art up as prints (on canvases, mugs, etc.), then people buy it and I'm pretty sure DA sorts it out and gets it shipped.
Obviously they'd get some of the profits, but yeah, might be worth looking into? :p

I know this wasn't my conversation, but...
You should look into different websites that let you put the pictures up, then they do the rest.
For example, on DeviantArt you can put your art up as prints (on canvases, mugs, etc.), then people buy it and I'm pretty sure DA sorts it out and gets it shipped.
Obviously they'd get some of the profits, but yeah, might be worth looking into? :p
Any suggestions are welcome :) I’ve got a couple things up on Society6, which is similar to Devianart, I think. Haven’t sold anything, but I haven’t really advertised either, haha.

Oh, and you could also take those photos and go to Wally Worl and get them printed onto canvas. They would be great for an office, study, or bedroom.
I had a couple canvases made, as well as some square prints from Parabopress that I’m pretty pleased with. So I’ve experimented with a few things, but one get only get so much on an empty bank account :lol:

Last edited:
Hmm. What I might do for the first few months is just take special orders. You know, show them what you have and then let the public tell you what they want. You shouldn't have to sell a whole bunch of cards unless it's for graduation.
I like the cardstock that I got from Dick Blick. It's a little rough in texture, but it's sturdy. You can also get cardstock from Wally Worl.
If you think you can do bigger things, you can try making signs and stuff. Those are really popular right now. To do those, you might have to figure out how to use an airbrush and make some kind of background. Doesn't have to be detailed, just some kind of pattern. Maybe some flowery stencils.
Speaking of stencils, you can also make and sell those, if you get bold enough.
Stencils are also used in screen printing. You could make pillows and t-shirts, too.
I’ve sold a few random things over Instagram the past year. Made enough monies to buy more art supplies :lol:
Honestly I prefer small things; bookmarks and 10x10 prints, that type of thing. Someone asked me about portraits, which somehow seem easier because I’ve already got the paper. I’ve also designed a few tattoos for people over the IG, but that’s no hassle because it’s strictly digital.
Thanks for your tips, ladies. Anything else you or anyone else have to say is more than welcome, for everyone’s benefit.

I drew a guy on me ipad.
I need to adjust his beard a little bit, but other than that he’s done.
5B9747CC-1FB3-4F3B-AE2B-EB3113145540.jpeg

*Reference used

On another note, I’ve got eggs in my Bator ready to hatch any day now. I’m going to have a whole flock of peafowl to pose for me soon :D

Back
Top Bottom