Anything Art :)

I’ve sold a few random things over Instagram the past year. Made enough monies to buy more art supplies :lol:
Honestly I prefer small things; bookmarks and 10x10 prints, that type of thing. Someone asked me about portraits, which somehow seem easier because I’ve already got the paper. I’ve also designed a few tattoos for people over the IG, but that’s no hassle because it’s strictly digital.
Thanks for your tips, ladies. Anything else you or anyone else have to say is more than welcome, for everyone’s benefit.
Have you ever made money selling your stuffs? I... know I went on a big spat about how to do so, but I've never really tried it myself. So far, I've only had my stuff up in a crafty shop, but nothing sold because we're not... In a very profitable community. Anything over $5 doesn't sell.
Any tips?

Have you ever made money selling your stuffs? I... know I went on a big spat about how to do so, but I've never really tried it myself. So far, I've only had my stuff up in a crafty shop, but nothing sold because we're not... In a very profitable community. Anything over $5 doesn't sell.
Any tips?
Like I said, I’ve made enough to buy more supplies. I made $100+ last year, which, while it may not sound like much, it was all small items ($5-20). Everything I’ve sold is to friends (that’s what they’re for, right :p ) with the exception of two tattoos, which I wasn’t paid for, nor did the ladies even offer. I did it because I wanted the experience.
I don’t advertise much simply because I’m lazy.
If you’re established on social media, then I think chances of selling your art will be a lot higher. I feel like with online shopping, unless your name is widely known or you’ve got lots of family members who want to support you, making a profit is nearly impossible.
You could also try things like craft fairs and local shops. I’ve got a friend who put some of her art in a local coffee shop. When it sells, the shop gets a percentage.

Like I said, I’ve made enough to buy more supplies. I made $100+ last year, which, while it may not sound like much, it was all small items ($5-20). Everything I’ve sold is to friends (that’s what they’re for, right :p ) with the exception of two tattoos, which I wasn’t paid for, nor did the ladies even offer. I did it because I wanted the experience.
I don’t advertise much simply because I’m lazy.
If you’re established on social media, then I think chances of selling your art will be a lot higher. I feel like with online shopping, unless your name is widely known or you’ve got lots of family members who want to support you, making a profit is nearly impossible.
You could also try things like craft fairs and local shops. I’ve got a friend who put some of her art in a local coffee shop. When it sells, the shop gets a percentage.
Sigh. I guess you're right. I kind of have to be a salesman, and... I'm not too good at that. I'm going to try to open an Etsy account.
You must teach me your ways of product photography

Sigh. I guess you're right. I kind of have to be a salesman, and... I'm not too good at that. I'm going to try to open an Etsy account.
You must teach me your ways of product photography
Oh I’d suck at being a salesman :lol:
iPhone + natural light + good editing is what I work with pretty much. I need to invest in a real camera eventually but I’m lazy, not to mention broke :lol: A lot of people use white foam board as a reflector which really does help. Somewhere I’ve got a link saved on product photography; I’ll try to find it and share it here.

ETA: here’s the link. It’ll take you to a page where you can sign up for the (free) tutorial :)
https://amandaarneill.com/2016/03/how-to-take-perfect-lettering-photos-every-time-period/

Last edited:
Oh I’d suck at being a salesman :lol:
iPhone + natural light + good editing is what I work with pretty much. I need to invest in a real camera eventually but I’m lazy, not to mention broke :lol: A lot of people use white foam board as a reflector which really does help. Somewhere I’ve got a link saved on product photography; I’ll try to find it and share it here.

ETA: here’s the link. It’ll take you to a page where you can sign up for the (free) tutorial :)
https://amandaarneill.com/2016/03/how-to-take-perfect-lettering-photos-every-time-period/
I don't want them to be sending me emails though...
I'm pretty good at editing, I think, but is there anything on there about how to take the picture itself? Other than the foam board?
I was really more interested in the flowers and things, but most of my stuff is a little more 3-D and it's hard to put stuff around the edges.
My house is also dark as a cave, so....
IMG_20180617_103321754.jpg
IMG_20180617_115622222~2.jpg

I don't want them to be sending me emails though...
I'm pretty good at editing, I think, but is there anything on there about how to take the picture itself? Other than the foam board?
I was really more interested in the flowers and things, but most of my stuff is a little more 3-D and it's hard to put stuff around the edges.
My house is also dark as a cave, so....
View attachment 1434553 View attachment 1434554
She doesn’t. She only sends the tutorial (pretty sure, but I subscribed to all her stuff anyway so I’m not positive). I can’t remember exactly what it says, since I got it last year, but it does include more than the foam board.

Did you make that leather journal??

She doesn’t. She only sends the tutorial (pretty sure, but I subscribed to all her stuff anyway so I’m not positive). I can’t remember exactly what it says, since I got it last year, but it does include more than the foam board.

Did you make that leather journal??
Oh, so you like her stuff do you? I might go ahead and sign up. I don't usually do blogs and stuff but if I learn anything it will be useful in more ways than one.
Yeth. They are fun to make. ^_^
Real leather, so you get that nice smell, but man it's expensive to buy in bulk.

Oh, so you like her stuff do you? I might go ahead and sign up. I don't usually do blogs and stuff but if I learn anything it will be useful in more ways than one.
Yeth. They are fun to make. ^_^
Real leather, so you get that nice smell, but man it's expensive to buy in bulk.
I’m a big fan of her work :thumbsup Sign up for the tutorial and look around her site, and if it doesn’t suit you, just unsubscribe.
That’s so cool! Do you cut the paper yourself? (Is that a stupid question? I have no idea how one works with leather, haha)

I’m a big fan of her work :thumbsup Sign up for the tutorial and look around her site, and if it doesn’t suit you, just unsubscribe.
That’s so cool! Do you cut the paper yourself? (Is that a stupid question? I have no idea how one works with leather, haha)
Paper is just folded in half. I didn't have to cut it much.
I bought the cardstock from DickBlick

Back
Top Bottom