Appenzeller Spitzhauben

I got mine from Greenfire .....
It will just come down to marketing then. They are a good product, almost as good as a leghorn. I imagine if you went door to door you would do excellent; via the internet not so much just because other breeds are more popular.

Well, I am on the lookout for eggs or chicks. I went on vacation and somehow, most of my chick died. I have no idea what happened. Anyone have chicks or eggs fro sale whose parents are from GFF? I would like Chamois, Blue, black and Gold. I only have four left, 2 black, one blue and one chamois.

Ok, dumb question....spouse asked if this is a worthwhile breed to keep.....meaning if we breed/sell egg/chicks...is there a market for them.....I got them because they look cute but he is looking at the other aspects......
To see them is to want them. Whenever Molly and I have shown Spitz, there are lots of inquiries on how to get them. Show them and bring business cards. Better yet, bring chicks.

Well we moved our Spizt to a new coop today, we have been doing research but was curious what colors you all run together. For breeding purposes.

During breeding season, my separate colors do not run together. I have crossed Brabanters and Spitz for genetic diversity. There are people working on Cream Spitz descended from my birds. But I do not do random breeding.

We were advised by a breeder who has been at it longer than us by a long shot to keep the black, white and silver together. At least I think that's the three. I will have to check my records.

We were advised by a breeder who has been at it longer than us by a long shot to keep the black, white and silver together. At least I think that's the three. I will have to check my records.

I sell hatching eggs. I need to be able to guarantee what's going to hatch out of the eggs. If you're not selling, that's not an issue for you.

We will be selling eggs also, none of ours are laying yet but the Chamois and Gold are close. GFF told us that they run Black, White and SIlver together for color. At least thats what I remember.

Back
Top Bottom