Apple Cider Vinegar for Chicks?

For real about the weight and energy for people?
i just bought a bottle of braggs at price chopper for my chooks,
BUT, maybe ill try some!

Last edited:
Make sure you are feeding your chickens plain yogurt with active live cultures. I make my yogurt in the crock pot over night and all it cost me is a quart of whole milk. Very easy. 

The sugar and artificial flavors are not good for the chickens.
How do you make the yogurt??

Mine love a couple drops of apple cider vinegar in their water and they are only a week and a half old. Problem with it is, they poop 10x more than usual but they are happy little things.

You're right on about the fries with ACV, that's one of the best food items at the Great Darke County Fair!
Are the store bought ACV's worth using for your chicks water?

We use it every time we change the water - about 1 tbsp per gallon.

It seems the unpasteurized apple cider vinegar might contain some beneficial bacteria (though this hasn't really been substantiated by scientific studies). Either way, I think the most obvious benefit of apple cider vinegar (even if it is pasteurized) is that it's anti-bacterial and anti-fungal because it'll make their water slightly acidic. Considering how our chicks occasionally get poo and other delicious hors d'oeurves in their water, this is a big plus.

Here's a review on the benefits of vinegar: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1785201/

Back
Top Bottom